Looking for a slip? How I found a beautiful one for our Uniflite 41 - Woo-Hoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@BandB- We are not a "Liveaboard" and never use that word, we are currently at Barefoot Marina in North Myrtle Beach and will stay there till we can find a spot in Jacksonville. We just kind of fly in stay on boat for a few days then fly back to Texas, we treat our boat more as a vacation condo than anything else.

In talkin with all the marina's that I did, the problem seems to be once you get over 45ft, and then really gets bad once you get over 50ft. Seems 55ft, 60ft, and 65ft slips are really hard to come by. In our case, we need a 55ft slip.

A lot of people (in my experience) sign up on waiting lists for bigger slips thinking that in the future they’re going to get a bigger boat. We had a 28-footer but planned to go bigger in the future. Got on a wait list for a 50-footer. We were probably 12th on the list. A slip came up and the marina went through the list, giving each person a few days to accept it. Everyone ahead of me declined, so we got the slip.

I know things are different this year, with so many people getting into boating.

Welcome to the Party Dock JLT !
Yes South I-Dock in Everett is known as the Party dock, we do have a few family style bbq's, a few play in a band so we get live music once in a while. Its a good time and we normally shut it down around 9pm. If you want to be social, park aft in, if you want to be private, aft out. Its a really good mix of people, are are helpful and most have been on the water for many years, we even have a few current and retired Captains.

Reactions: JLT
Back
Top Bottom