Locked up trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. BB. Can't remember the specifics but I think you can, in fact, make reservations. We're NOT members but we did make inquires last year at FLIBs and we have stayed at a couple of Loggerhead locations while in transit with no problems space-wise. Vero Beach was very nice but L' had just acquired the property at Palm Beach Gardens and were planning new facilities but had not started construction yet. LONG walk to the beach.

Greetings,
Mr. BB. Can't remember the specifics but I think you can, in fact, make reservations. We're NOT members but we did make inquires last year at FLIBs and we have stayed at a couple of Loggerhead locations while in transit with no problems space-wise. Vero Beach was very nice but L' had just acquired the property at Palm Beach Gardens and were planning new facilities but had not started construction yet. LONG walk to the beach.

They are big on managing marinas for condo or homeowners associations or resorts, and I think they'll keep adding marinas when they have the opportunity. They may be the only ones who are willing to deal with some of these HOA's. We've stayed at 4 of the 9 locations they have which have wet slips, although most stays for one or two nights and some even for just the day. We do not have a slip with them.

Glad that it was solved. I am staying at a Loggerhead Marina right now (Stuart), was at the one in St Petersburg 10 days ago. The marinas are very nice, crew is welcoming and the transient prices are good. If Ii did not have my own dock, I would rent a spot with them. I wish they had a system by which you can buy a bundle of transient dockage days, by the month for example.

Glad that it was solved. I am staying at a Loggerhead Marina right now (Stuart), was at the one in St Petersburg 10 days ago. The marinas are very nice, crew is welcoming and the transient prices are good. If Ii did not have my own dock, I would rent a spot with them. I wish they had a system by which you can buy a bundle of transient dockage days, by the month for example.

Interesting idea. Or sell some form of membership. Loggerhead, Safe Harbor and IGY might be able to do something like that and it be beneficial.

We're "members" of some of these marina groups, basically free as customers, but they all have minimal benefits. IGY has rewards points for small items and a 1% rebate. Safe Harbor has use of facilities.

When a lock is put on a boat, do they assume liability? If a boat is not in as good a shape as this example, and like most charity boats is crappy, and leaky. Is the locker responsible for damages incurred from not being able to access the interior or bilges? Maybe it sinks and incurres pollution fines. Who would be responsible?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom