Grey Water Discharge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody here use an incinerating head? Have no experience and limited knowledge about them. Is that a viable option for recreational trawlers?

Pee is sterile when it comes out of you unless you have a UTI...

Aren’t you retired from the medical field? Then you know this isn’t true. Urine may be benign to the environment but it certainly isn’t sterile. This gets frequently repeated online in these forums, so it would be helpful if credible sources such as yourself avoid perpetuating myths.

Now back to gray water.

So, why didn't Idi Amin die an earlier death?
Aren’t you retired from the medical field? Then you know this isn’t true. Urine may be benign to the environment but it certainly isn’t sterile. This gets frequently repeated online in these forums, so it would be helpful if credible sources such as yourself avoid perpetuating myths.

Now back to gray water.

Strictly speaking you’re right. Pee isn’t completely sterile. Especially women’s pee. But in the absence of a UTI % of pathogens is negligible and bacterial counts so low as to have no impact in this setting. I was sloppy in my text but the concept holds. Peeing over the rail in the absence of a UTI or being loaded with pharmaceuticals is benign. Once stored in a contaminated container it’s a different story.

A case of where science matters less than perception....not because of science....but because of people.

The exact same moral decision made 24x7x365 in all kinds of leadership decisions.

Yes indeed. A good example is this whole gray water discussion!

Would note I was referring to the ocean not fresh water environments. Don’t know anything about setting described but seems ridiculous in the absence of a explanation for their actions.

You also see the contra positive. We use no inorganic chemicals except lime and no pesticides/weed killers on our dirt dwelling property. Initially my neighbors did. We set out bat houses and multiple bird houses. Wife feeds them and we planted various food source plants. Did have return of many songbirds and hummingbirds. But it was only when our neighbors started to follow the same program did those populations really take off. I sit here typing with the air filled with bird song. We do lose some vegetables to the rabbits if they work through the screening but the bald eagles, owls and red tails keep that to a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom