Frustrating Experience at Oceanside Marina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WifeyB, do you and Mr.B ever get up around Savannah and Tybee Island?
If so, check out the Sugar Shack. It's owned by my wife's relatives, and pretty much a landmark in the area. Great Ice Cream!!

There's a crazy little shack beyond the tracks
And ev'rybody calls it the sugar shack

We love Savannah. :dance: However, we've never been to Tybee, just by it. Not much dockage around there, just the one restaurant that's on the ocean side. I got the impression, Tybee was best visited by land. Am I wwwwwrrong? Oh hard word to say. :)

There's a crazy little shack beyond the tracks
And ev'rybody calls it the sugar shack

We love Savannah. :dance: However, we've never been to Tybee, just by it. Not much dockage around there, just the one restaurant that's on the ocean side. I got the impression, Tybee was best visited by land. Am I wwwwwrrong? Oh hard word to say. :)

:rofl::rofl: OMG!
I think about that every time it's mentioned...

...Well it's just a coffee house and it's, made out of wood.
Expresso coffee tastes, might good...

Nah, I think you're spot on.
By land there's one way on and one way off the island, and during peak seasons, it can be especially grueling travel. Never tried the water side attack.

If you think the Oceanside Harbor entrance is tricky (it is) you should have seen it before they added on to the outer jetty. Even today, there are times when the Harbor Police close the entrance and won't let anyone in or out. When coming into the harbor with a following sea I just pick a wave and stay with it and don't throttle back till I get to the 5 MPH marker. Favorite eatin' and drinkin' place; Rockin' Baja. Ya cannot beat their "happy hour" prices and all you can eat nacho bar.

Yeah, the harbor entrance gets downright nasty when there is a southerly swell running. Part of the problem is that you need to make a 90-degree turn to starboard as soon as you pass the jetty which can put you crosswise to the swell coming in the entrance. If you don't turn soon enough (within about 75 yards of a line between the jetty and breakwater) you're likely to have a rendezvous with the bottom.

Wifey B: Oh if it has a nice little ice cream parlor, I'm sold. I scream for ice cream. :D

Katie's in Hyannis....wow.....almost....um....so good. In addition to regular ice cream, 24 flavors of soft serve.

Wifey B: As far as I know the ice cream parlor is still there. I'm not allowed to eat sweet stuff so I stay away from temptation. Next time you're in town, drop by the parlor and post a report. :D

Wifey B: As far as I know the ice cream parlor is still there. I'm not allowed to eat sweet stuff so I stay away from temptation. Next time you're in town, drop by the parlor and post a report. :D

Wifey B: That will likely be a few years..a lot of years maybe...probably...:)

What's the real problem??? Doesn't your shower, gen set, anchor work?

Only kidding! What a bunch of crap they provided - Better luck in the future!!

As the complaint is about a municipal run marina all complaints are probably a waste of your time. 1 the employees are union and don't really care 2 the management obviously doesn't care because this will not be the first complaint they have received and nothing appears to have been done to fix it 3 elected officials are voted in by locals not transients so they don't care. Answer is to take your $ else where even if that is a little inconvenient.

Back
Top Bottom