Dry storage upto 60' in Puget Sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

utazo89

Anyone knows, or can recommend dry storage (24/7 access) for a yacht up to 60' in the Puget Sound area? I searched around, but most of them max it out at 40-45 feet, or provide limited access only.
Thanks.

You could try Platypus Marine in Port Angeles. They have the hoist capacity and their yard never looks full to me. I understand they do good work but have not used them personally. I don't know what their policy is regarding outside labor. I have no affiliation.

Port Angeles Boat Haven might be another option. You might be larger than they can accommodate, but it's worth a call.

Good Luck

There are lots of big boats in dry storage in Anacortes. Looks to be several different yards.

north harbor diesel or pacific in anacortes

I think Anacortes would offer more service options than Port Angeles would...

Anacortes is nice, but it is a long drive from Seattle. Everett marina has dry storage, but you have limited access and no DIY there. The lakes in Seattle, only store smaller boats by stacking them.

Near Seattle, 24/7 access, DIY?
You hoping to live aboard on the hard while working on it?

No live aboard, just storage. Fixing and working on it, yes. For a while, at least.

The Everett marina has a 75 ton lift and large boats stored on the hard. We live on our boat when sitting on the hard. However you can not drain water. Also you and others can work on the boat.

Dry storage

Try Delta Marine in south Seattle. They have the capacity with two travel lifts and a crane. Pretty sure they allow DIY.

Ian

Could you tell me more on this? Everett is my first choice outside of Seattle, since my drive would not be really bad. Going south would be more difficult.
When I look at the Everett marina dry storage section, there are the official answers to FAQ. They say specifically there that no work on the boats is allowed and to go to your boat, you need to call them first.
Am I looking at a different marina? Or, do they treat you differently, because you already moor your boat there?

The Everett marina has a 75 ton lift and large boats stored on the hard. We live on our boat when sitting on the hard. However you can not drain water. Also you and others can work on the boat.

Latitude in LaConner is probably your best bet for economy.

We've done lots of work in the yard. Even lived there briefly .. on our boat. No problem w your size of boat. 100ton (I think) travelift.

Yes, the price is better then Everett. All time access sounds good. DIY is helped all around. Very nice. I like it.
Do you know what the insurance requirements are?

Latitude in LaConner is probably your best bet for economy.

We've done lots of work in the yard. Even lived there briefly .. on our boat. No problem w your size of boat. 100ton (I think) travelift.

utazo99.
No.
Call Patrick at 360 466 4905
Go out to the yard south of the Rainbow Bridge on the gravel road and have a look. The gate is locked on weekends but you'll be given the code. It's not a fancy place. I think I'll haul out in a week or two. Got some painting to do and want to change props. And freshen up the bottom.

Nomad.

Are you saying there is another dry storage in La Conner?

Nomad.

When you haul out, is it ok to stop by and chat with you?

You said NO in your reply, but I don't know to what? I looked the Latitude marina web site in La Conner and they charge $5.50/foot for dry storage. Everett marina's web site says $6.00/foot for long term storage.
Is this what you are referring to?

Laszlo

utazo99.
No.
Call Patrick at 360 466 4905

There are two storage areas, one is closed and locked, and the service yard that is open mainly bigger boats.

Utazo,
"No" ..... I don't know what the insurance requirements are.

Don't know the exact moorage charges but you may want to check at the very north end of LaConner .. LaConner Maritime. They have reasonable rates too but now they may not be so friendly to working on your boat. Less dust though. But what's the difference if you can't paint at all?

I'm always up for chatting. 11000 posts should be a hint.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom