Chicago region yards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BDofMSP

Guru
Vessel Name
Gopher Broke
Vessel Make
Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
Hi,
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a top quality yard in the Chicago area? I use area broadly because of Covid - many are closed.

I'm looking to have my bent strut and seals replaced as well as true the shaft. As this will result in an insurance claim, I want both the evaluation and the repairs done by a truly professional yard, no whomever happens to be close by.

Thanks for the suggestions.
BD

Marine Services in Dolton- up the Calumet River, or Chicago Yacht Works, down the south branch of the Chicago River. There are several others, just don’t have personal knowledge of the people.

Thanks Gmarr, I've sent email to each of them.
BD

Ive used Marine Services in Dolton. They did quality work. The work was expensive, but that close to Chicago, what would you expect.

Dolton is kind of a bad area. Marine Services is a "locked yard" the gate closes and is locked down in the evening.

If your boat can make it there on it's own bottom have a ride lined up to come get you. You really don't want to be walking around Dolton.

pete

If you can make it a bit farther north, Bay Marine in Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin has a good reputation for repairs. No idea about their rates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom