Carabelle, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryant

Guru
Vessel Name
Sakura Perdido
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic
Does anyone have any experience with the marinas in Carrabelle, Fl in terms of current as it pertains to getting into and out of slips, storm resistance or other pertinent information?

Does anyone have any experience with the marinas in Carrabelle, Fl in terms of current as it pertains to getting into and out of slips, storm resistance or other pertinent information?

C-Quarters is where we stayed doing the loop. However, we ended up in the muck on low tide and asked to move to a deeper slip.

I've always liked the Moorings.

Carrabelle was our home base for quite a few years, before we moved the boat to Stuart. It's a great place.

There are two marinas that take transients, C-Quarters and the Moorings. The Moorings has a pool and a cruiser's lounge. C-Quarters (where we kept our boat long term) has much better docks. The people in both places are very nice. Moorings is more expensive.

The current is the same at both marinas. If you are concerned about it (and it can be a bear at times) try to enter at slack tide.

Eat at the Fisherman's wife. Usually good live music and good food at Fathoms.

If you need work done, Eric at Dockside Marina/Marine Systems is, in my opinion, the best diesel mechanic in the southeastern United States. He is a guru with generators as well.

C-Quarters is where we stayed doing the loop. However, we ended up in the muck on low tide and asked to move to a deeper slip.

I'm guessing it was in the winter with a hard North wind. It blows the water out of the river. Otherwise, there is good depths at their slips.

Others have mentioned the marinas. Depth should be tolerable for you. We've had boats with greater draft and had to be very careful there. Many people really enjoy Carabelle. We liked it but we love Apalachicola so go there more.

Back
Top Bottom