Bissel Cove anchorage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unclematt

Vessel Name
Seaview
Vessel Make
Sundowner 32
I saw where back in 2017 some one asked about anchorages in Narragansett Bay. I know most of them but never heard of Bissel Cove in S Kingstown. Is there any current knowledge about water depths and entrance channel? I want to spend Saturday night someplace new. Thanks

Friends have been there and love it. Have seen sailboats anchored so depth should not be an issue. There are some rocky areas south but your chart should be able to point them out.

Who knows maybe your will see us there are we are discussing weekend cruising plans tonight. I have heard that the great big yellow thing in the sky will be visible thus weekend which would be a change.

The weather looks great for the weekend. I agreed to work for my son in the morning so we will be there Saturday afternoon and spend the night. This will be our first overnight in this boat. I am so looking forward to it. I hope to see you there.

So I just spoke to some folks and they said there is a large oyster farm there so you need to trap watch they are marked but…

We may head to Kickamuit for Sat as it is a peaceful anchorage.

Someone is giving you incorrect information. The Oyster farm is south of the Jamestown Bridge close to the west side of the Island, just north of Dutch Harbor. Look at the Chart. They may think you are going into the anchorage near Zekes Creek

Thanks well aware of the oyster farm in Jamestown. Perhaps these folks were not thinking of the same spot.

There are oyster beds and other types of traps along Loan Tree Point (North of Bissel Cove) and Rome point (South of Bissel cove) on the North Kingstown Shoreline. Stay off the shoreline and you will be fine.

Looks like we are going to try Fogland Pt in Tiverton as we have not explored that area yet. Let me know how Bissel is so that we can put it on the go to list.

Fogland is nice. We have done a bunch of day anchoring there. I think there are some moorings there too.

Went to Bissel Cove yesterday and spent the night. Nice anchorage as long as you watch the rocks and depth. Only down side was from a few boats rafted near us. They had some people show up after dark with aloud sound system in a ski boat. They cranked dance music until 11:30. The boat also had multiple colored led blinking light towers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom