Beaufort, NC Marinas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have stayed at the Beaufort town marina several times and always liked it. Right in the middle of everything Beaufort.

David

Would appreciate pro and con comments about marinas in and around Beaufort, NC.

Wifey B: Pro. :rofl:

Oh, you mean specific marinas. Well, our first choice isn't in Beaufort but is Morehead City Yacht Basin. :)

In Beaufort, a large part depends on draft and size boat and whether you have transportation or not. Olde Towne and Radio Island and others in that area depend on transportation. Taylor Creek is shallower, windier, and busier but it's the place to be with Beaufort Docks and Beaufort Town Docks along there. Step off your boat and have dinner. Some like to go around to the back side to Homer Smith, Beaufort Yacht Basin and Airport for protection but too shallow for me so I've never been to them. Town Creek, just a bit further though, has good depth, good docks, good service and is a favorite of many for long term stays. Also less expensive. I've heard good things about their mechanics too, but I don't know. Just less convenient.

Still as a visitor make sure you get to Morehead City. :D

Homer Smith is my choice. I draw 5’ and have not had a problem. Last time I got 2# of shrimp right off the boat for free when I paid for dockage. Minivan as courtesy car.

We also like Homer Smith. The owner has personally caught our lines all 3 times we have been there. Tony and son Matt are super hosts. They have a courtesy car and when it wasn't available when we went to sign up for it, Tony gave me the keys to his pickup.
Last time through about a month ago, they had brand new transient dock (IPE) beautiful.
Internet that really works on the dock and security cameras. Free laundry and ice, and as mentioned, fresh seafood really cheap.Short walk over to the City Marina and shops and restaurants. The old bridge was demolished over this past winter and that has really improved the view to boot.

Last edited:
Long term - Morehead City Yacht Basin by a long shot. Staff, location, beautiful docks, clean bathrooms, cheap laundry, pump out, fuel, walking distance to great restaurants, great area for paddleboarding from the boat, great contractors. Walking distance to a hardware/rigging store. No cons as far as I’m concerned.

Town Creek Marina is putting in all new docks, so that would be my second choice long term in that area. Not walking distance to town, but a short bike ride...great staff, boat yard onsite, pump out, fuel, onsite restaurant, ships store......paddleboarding here too...

Short term - any of the previously mentioned are good.

Beaufort Town Dock are transient only. Great spot for a few nights though!

Back
Top Bottom