Old 08-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #41
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Thanks for the update. I hope to be in DS come Sunday or Monday. Hopefully the rain will clear out the smoke and help with the fires in the interior.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #42
Veteran Member

City: gibsons
I've got two weeks end of July and trying real hard to plan avoiding any crowds. thinking Lasqueti for a couple days, harmony islands for an another couple overnights and into narrows inlet for extended stay and maybe salmon inlet if the mood strikes. Are my chances of peace and quiet decent in these area's?
micheln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #43
Guru

City: Gibsons, B.C., Canada
Vessel Name: Island Pride
Vessel Model: Palmer 32'
End of July. Prime boating time so you are not going to be alone.

Salmon Inlet should be quiet as many people are afraid of Skookumchuck Narrows and the rapids so that keeps many away. Storm Bay in Sechelt Inlet, on the way to Salmon should be quieter also. Do not be afraid of Skookumchuck but also be sure you enter and get through at slack. Get the current tables and use them.

Lasqueti, no way at least in my limited experience,will it be quiet. Of course you could be lucky,.
Unfortunately the other places you named are prime cruising grounds.

Near Lasqueti is Boho bay. I've never actually anchored there but have looked at it a couple times and there was no one in it. Many folk we know who loved Lasquiti itself would use Boho when the N.W. winds were causing trouble. Still had to be carefull but they went there for many years, loved it.

Just my thoughts.
C lectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #44
Veteran Member

City: gibsons
Thanks C lectric, any tidbits are appreciated. Mostly trying to avoid area's known to be crowded at least, and hope for the best.
micheln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #45
Guru

City: Bellingham WA
Vessel Name: Hatt Trick
Vessel Model: 45' Hatteras Convertible
Very close to the southeast end of Lasqueti is Jedediah island. There are anchorages on the north end of it. The south end is exposed to Georgia strait. Jedediah has trails and some feral goats, a throwback to when it was owned privately. A nice spot. Harmony islands is beautiful, although we've been hit by willawaw winds blowing down out of the mountains.
Ken E. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #46

City: Port Orchard, WA
Vessel Name: Isobel K
Vessel Model: 37' Custom Pilothouse
boho is a fine anchorage, but can get crowded. there is an inner harbor by the fish processing plant with room for one boat in about 15' of water. A short dinghy ride over to Jedediah for the hikes
bshanafelt is offline   Reply With Quote