44' slip availability in or near Tacoma, WA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankwagon

Vessel Name
Perseverance & Resolution
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42 & Hinckley 44FB
Any recommendations for Marinas with possible slip availability near Tacoma? Seems that the places I have tried so far (not everywhere yet) have a long wait list.

Boat is 44' LOA and 13'6" beam.

Long term, I would like to find a boathouse, but just need a place for her to start waiting out the waitlist process at this point.

Thanks in Advance.

Keep calling and continuing to expand your radius. Get on every list you can. Be prepared to drive further than you would normally like. We lived 2+ hours from the boat for 12 years.

Moorage anywhere on Puget Sound is damned hard to find. The wait lists are loooooong. The further south or east you go the shorter the wait list and you might even find a slip. I know they aren't terribly close to Tacoma but I'd look at Port of Olympia, Bremerton, Quartermaster Harbor, Pleasant Harbor, Poulsbo because they are not quick to get to from the Tacoma / Seattle metro area. I'd get on the wait lists I want and take a month to month or cancelable moorage agreement in the above places. For the top marinas on your list call once a month, be friendly not pushy, ask about your status on the list. I can't be sure it works but I think it does. It worked for me. If you really get stuck Blaine almost always has space, but it's all the way up at the Canadian border.

I secured a spot at Fishermen's Terminal in Ballard/Seattle, starts the 1st. Just up from the Locks. No contract, no 1st and last, or 30 day notice B.S., pay by the month, go away for 3 months and return no charge (they are used to fish boats doing the same.) Very modern, no gates.
I can't post a phone but try Giometti.R@portseattle.org

Last edited:
Thanks all. I'll keep calling and widen my radius.

Maybe Alaska Prof will chime in....Tacoma is his turf. I think he's near the Foss docks (?)

Maybe Alaska Prof will chime in....Tacoma is his turf. I think he's near the Foss docks (?)

I'm on the other side of the bay at Chinook Landing, on the heavily industrial Hylebos
Waterway...actually I'm in Ashland, Oregon, but, you know.

Chinook is an excellent facility, well-managed by the Puyallups, lots of parking, many dock carts, overnight security guy. But definitely on the " wrong side of the tracks," lacks the restaurant s etc of Foss Waterway.

Pricing about like everywhere other than Seattle. I pay $450 for 43'. NO LIVEABOARDS.

There is turnover; don't know about delays. September '18 I was offered choice of two slips on initial contact.

Ask for William (not Bill!) at 253-627-7676.

I’m at Bridgeview Marina in Bremerton. I believe that they have several slips that would accommodate you boat. The same owner also has the Port Orchard Railway Marina. That would be more convenient to Tacoma, but I don’t know what the availability is there.
Check them out at portorchardrailwaymarina.com.

They seem to respond better to email then phone

jp

Any recommendations for Marinas with possible slip availability near Tacoma? Seems that the places I have tried so far (not everywhere yet) have a long wait list.

Boat is 44' LOA and 13'6" beam.

Long term, I would like to find a boathouse, but just need a place for her to start waiting out the waitlist process at this point.

Thanks in Advance.

https://www.nwyachtnet.com/boats-for-sale/2008-custom-56-x-18-tacoma-washington-7629643/

I have no affiliation, I have seen another 50' for sale in Tacoma also, it seems if you can go straight to the purchase of a boathouse you get right in, no waiting list unless you need to move the boathouse.

Good Luck, we hope to be up that way in a couple of years.

You might contact the broker for the Rawson 38 that is advertissed in both Yachtworld as well as boatrader. THe boat comes with a boat shed/slip at a yacht club in the Tocama area. I know he had a buyer and since the buyer was from Alaska, wasn't interested in the slip. Just a thought.

Quite a way from Tacoma, but Blaine has slips available. Port of Bellingham runs the marina and their website should give you some info.

Hylebos Marina. I know of two boathouses available (possibly for sale?) and open moorage.

This is great. Not living in the area has made it a bit of a challenge since I don't know the marine industry in Tacoma like I do in San Diego after 30 yrs there. But your responses have been helpful. I've got a line on a 50' slip now and will go check it out and lock it down if possible when in town again next week.

I appreciate everyone's responses. Will let you know what I found in the overall search once I have a slip secured.

Thanks.

JP

As mentioned, try Chinook Landing. 253 627 7676, or Breakwater, where I am 253 752 6663. Dock Street Marina 253 250 1906. Tyee Marina, not far from Chinook seems to have spaces quite often. 253 383 5321. Can also give Hylebos a call. its up the Hylebos waterway off commencement bay and is about a 20 minute cruise to get out, but worth a try. 253 272 6623 The owner can be a bit of a booger, but it has the advantage of being one of the few places you can haul out and work on your own boat. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom