48 Catalina opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cosmo

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Shear Bliss
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 44
My wife and I are interested in a 48 Chris Catalina (she has the Uniflite hull). Are there things I should be paying attention to/for that are particular to this boat? For example; stringers? Leaking issues? Soft spots, etc.

There is one in Portland, OR we want to check out.

Thanks

I,m guessing this reply is far to late to be of help.

THe question should have been put into the General Discussion. In this section unless someone is looking specifically here your question will not be seen.
I just happened to be poking about.

The only forum I know of that it does not matter which specific section you put the question to it lands in the general discussion section so ALL see it is Boatdiesel. It is though basically engines, gearboxes and the mechanical/electrical bits related.

Last edited:
Did you end up purchasing the 48 Catalina?

We ended up with a 44 Tollycraft and couldn’t be happier. I still love the lines in of the Catalina but the one mentioned in the first post just wasn’t for us.

We ended up with a 44 Tollycraft and couldn’t be happier. I still love the lines in of the Catalina but the one mentioned in the first post just wasn’t for us.

Good choice. A well kept Tolly 44/45 or the 48 are well worth owning and even repowering if that is needed. The Cummins 6BT is a great combo with these Tollys whether as an original engine or via a repower.

Likewise, the Tolly 43 has some real pluses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom