Trough hull

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nodestination

Vessel Name
No Destination
Vessel Make
1972 GulfStar Trawler 36
Some one redesign the interior of my captain cabin. It have full size bad and a lot of cabinets. I like the set up, but it is nightmare to maintenance. I still can not figure out the trough hull on portside at the very back of the boat. To get to see it, I have to take the big mattress out and partially disassemble the bed. The rest of it is cover by cabinets and floor. What is that trough hull for and where is going?.

Can't help you with the "What is it for?" question - I think you really need to trace the hose connected to it - you should know what all your through hulls serve!
All through hulls should be immediately accessible without dismantling anything!
IMHO that through hull needs to be moved during the next haulout.

I am going to glass all the trough hulls that I am not using. I understand that all should be easy accessible, but I did not make those cabinets. To see where is going, I will have to dismantle those cabinets and part of floor. What is "bugging me" is that I do not saw any valve on it. Is way on back corner.

I was able to get photo of that valve. Is old and corroded.

If you haven't identified it yet, you might just have to go by process of elimination. match all your plumbing from fixture to through hull and see what's left. I went through this with 12 through hulls and 6 transducers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom