Old 09-14-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Gulfstar 44 Owners

Some friends of ours have this boat under contract:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...dard%20listing

They tell me it is one of those rare boats (and they are very experienced) that actually looks better than the pictures, which themselves look pretty darn good.

Anyway, they have a family health issue to deal with this week and have asked me to supervise the survey this coming Friday and form my opinion and advice. The surveyor, Reno Panico is quite experienced, and but for some scheduling issues, I would have used him 12 years ago when we bought our Hatteras.

I've always thought the Gulfstars I've been on as a guest were pretty straightforward, honest boats.

Any particular issues I should be aware of or on the alert for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:13 PM   #2

City: Nashville
Vessel Name: Southern Pride
Vessel Model: Hatteras 52 CNV
We had this boat on our must see list when in the area for the Annapolis show. How did the survey go?
eddieclemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Eddie, sorry, I just picked up your query. The survey, which I attended went well but for the aging port engine, for which my buddy got a markdown and bought the boat. I write this from the guest stateroom, here in Solomons preparing to start bringing the boat south to NC tomorrow. The boat is physically immaculate.

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote