1973 Gulfstar 36 trawler fuel level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jedmondson848

This may have been covered before but I couldn’t locate it. Can Anyone with a Gulfstar 36 trawler give me a little help. I am new to the boat and looking to find away to know how much fuel is in the tanks since obviously they didn’t come with a gauge. In the galley there is an access in the floor that has what appears to be some sort of access cap. It looks to be about 1 1/2 inch or so. I don’t want to open it without knowing what it is. Is it the fuel tank or something else ?? I know the tank is in the keel section and is glassed into the boat. And all the hoses and connections are just inside the access door under the galley steps.

Fuel level

Did you ever get the info you needed? I am in the same predicament. Bigger question that I have: How many gallons of fuel will my 1972 36' Gulfstar hold? I want to add fuel stabilizer for winter storage and have no idea of how much.

Did you ever get the info you needed? I am in the same predicament. Bigger question that I have: How many gallons of fuel will my 1972 36' Gulfstar hold? I want to add fuel stabilizer for winter storage and have no idea of how much.
The info I have lists your boat as 250 gallons total

PierreR, what is the source for that info. I have, from various sources, gotten numbers from 100 gal. to 250 gal. Were there various tank configurations/sizes available in that boat?

PierreR, what is the source for that info. I have, from various sources, gotten numbers from 100 gal. to 250 gal. Were there various tank configurations/sizes available in that boat?

If you can get access your tanks and measure to get dimensions, you can calculate the volume

Didn't those boats have integral FG tanks? If so it's probably hard to estimate, and could have varied through the production cycle.

tank capacity

Yes, the fuel tank is fiberglass and is built into the keel of the boat, below the galley floor. I'm pretty good with geometry, but given the location and shape of the tank, I don't think measuring is possible. I was just hoping someone else with a '72 36' Gulfstar, or a prior owner, might have the info I need.

Back
Top Bottom