Yooper newb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyG

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
"GILKEY" as charged
Vessel Make
'81 Schucker438
Hey all, been lurking a while, survey about to happen Saturday on hopefully my new to me Schucker 438 so thought I'd say hi. Now, if I knew how to drive the damn thing...

Welcome to TF and congrats on the new boat!

Hey all, been lurking a while, survey about to happen Saturday on hopefully my new to me Schucker 438 so thought I'd say hi. Now, if I knew how to drive the damn thing...

Don't worry I was in the same situation almost 1 year ago but you know what, when you have no alternative, you got to drive it! And everything will be fine!

Welcome to the forum! Hope the survey goes well.

Ted

Cheers Mike, show us the pics as soon as possible. Oh and welcome aboard!

Schuckers are great boats. Is a 438 the same as a 436 with a flybridge instead of a mast & sailing rig?

Welcome to TF. I'm not familiar with your new boat so would you please post photos?
Thanks.

I grab some pics tomorrow and it is the trawler version of the motorsailor. Looked at a sailor and knew I miss the outside space the flybridge provides. I'm an otr trucker so I can't wait to quadruple my living space!

Look forward to seeing pictures!

One good way to learn to drive your boat is to hire an experienced captain for a few hours of on the water training. Look for one with experience with your type of boat. Not necessarily the same brand, but something similar.

Well, survey went very well yesterday, couple of small issues to address when I take possession but she showed really well. Of course in the excitement I didn't take a single pic! She's still listed on Yachtworld in Palmetto FL with some photos. Previous owner and the broker are more than willing to help with my training as 6 months of moorage were included in the deal.
Now, insurance, naming and staying in the truck to pay for it all...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom