Well - it is really happening...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazure

Vessel Name
Built For Comfort
Vessel Make
1980 Ocean Yachts 40+2
Greetings from San Francisco!

I am in contract now to purchase my first boat, after shopping around for the past 6 months. I had seen lots of various boats in my price range and ended up making an offer on a 1980 Ocean Yachts trawler, 42' in length with twin DD 453s.

Grew up on boats, worked on them for many years in Alaska, but never owned my own, so this is exciting. The plan is to live aboard here in Bay Area for the next year or so, then perhaps a nice cruise back home to Alaska for the summer.

I look forward to meeting y'all...

~joe

15901-albums610-picture3724.jpg

Nice boat, Joe. Congrats!

It's a steep learning curve but the good folks here on TF are great at providing some insight and information to make it a bit easier. I know they have sure helped me!

At what marina are you planning to berth? There are several of us TFers at Vallejo Muni and many others in other area marinas.

The SF Bay and CA Delta is a great estuary for exploration and adventure. Year round boating here is the norm so there's always someplace to go and discover. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Welcome to the San Francisco estuary!

Congratulations and welcome aboard!
6 month search?.....You are much more efficient than I. ...It took me almost 4 years to find the right boat!

Thanks! I have found a berth at Marina Bay in Richmond, which if approved, will allow me to live aboard. I am on the waiting list at a couple of other marinas as well. Emeryville marina can let me stay for 120 days as a transient just in case.

I look forward to exploring the area and getting to know the boat - so hopefully I will get to meet some of you in person.

Woo hoo! Boat warming party!!!

Congrats and welcome to another Bay Area boater.

Richard

Congrats!!! I always did like those boats. A lot of boat for the money. I think they slipped under the radar and left them unsearched and therefore not a big market for them due to a lack of exposure. Anyway, very happy for you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom