Well met, everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gris

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Mad Hatter
Vessel Make
Hatteras 43' DC
Hey TF folks! Long time lurker, first time poster here. My partner and I have just picked up a 1983 Hatteras DC, the 'Mad Hatter,' and will be transitioning to the liveaboard life over the next 12 months.

I've spent a long time browsing posts here and really dig the community. I'm looking forward to a lot of interactions with y'all over the next years, and really appreciate all the invaluable information from the old (and new) salts.

Cheers, and glad to be here!

Attachments

• IMG_20201108_195606_141.jpg
    IMG_20201108_195606_141.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20201109_090437_993.jpg
    IMG_20201109_090437_993.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20201109_090934_749.jpg
    IMG_20201109_090934_749.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
Welcome aboard.

"Well met" and "y'all" in the same post - like a southern Shakespeare!

What can I say? I'm a amateur author raised in SW VA's Appalachian mountains- it all comes out in my talkin'... Whether in text or face-to-face!

War air yew a keepin' her?

A partner was mentioned so isn't it all y'all?

So you did the easy part, get the boat. Have you done the hard part, a marina to live aboard?

Some of us follow various vlogs, MV Freedom is one I watch regulary (every Sunday). They just released one yesterday to discuss the goods and bads of living aboard, what they enjoy and what is a hassle, I think you might find it worthwhile to watch it.

War air yew a keepin' her?

We got 'er 'et Richmon' Yacht Basin.

(Richmond Yacht Basin, slightly below RVA on the James.)

As for a marina, we've already done our interview with the owner of the RYB, who has given us his blessing to be permanent residents. There are a few others here, and they all seem to be good people who generally get along and don't hassle one another. Good people's.

Of course, I'm sitting on the back deck of the Mad Hatter as I write this, so I'm probably a bit biased to the location and folks! ?

RYB, right arm!

We looked at a couple 43 Hatt's on the Great Lakes before buying our OA. Love the quality even after 40 years. What engine set up do you have? Seems to me they were either 671's or sometimes Cummins.

What engine set up do you have? Seems to me they were either 671's or sometimes Cummins.

Dual 671's. They ran fantastically during the sea-trial, which was about 8 hours in total.

Are you out there, too? We're on the Mad Hatter, and should be around most weekends until we finally move aboard in full.

We were carousing a good bit last night, so if you heard anything- it was probably us. ��

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom