We are afloat—again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailor Harry

Vessel Name
Bessie
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32
Howdy to all. We are Harry and Jane, ex-sail boaters who completed a west about world circumnavigation aboard our Corbin 39 cutter 1997-2013. After a seven year “resting period” on land we just purchased a 2004 Nordic Tugs 32 in Groton, CT and will soon depart for points south. We are on a steep learning curve with this vessel and are working to bring ourselves up-to-date on weather apps, navigation apps, etc, etc. We will appreciate all of the help that anyone can offer. We have a subscription to Aquamaps, two i-pads, a Raymarine C120 MFD with chart card down to Cape May, and paper charts.

We plan to stop in Annapolis for a few days to collect mail, parts, provisions, etc and continue down the ICW to Jacksonville, FL by Thanksgiving—all boating plans written on Jello, of course!

Welcome to TF! Keep us updated on your progress and post pics!

Greg.

Yes, indeed, welcome to TF. From your background, you'll have heaps of real world experience re sailing, but good to be willing to learn about under power - there are some quite definite differences. :flowers:

I you are still in Groton give me a call 860-885-8382. Did you buy Ted's boat?

Rob

I was stationed a sub school in Groton and lived in Mystic before Mystic was rebuilt, in the middle of winter.

Welcome to both the forum and to Nordic Tug ownership. My wife and I are former sailors as well. It is very common with NT owners.
Good luck with your new boat, and "getting to know her". Check out your exhaust elbow (and system), especially if the elbow is the original. Look on sentoa.org under maintenance tips and an article about the NT 37 project that an owner named Kelly posted. It could save you big money, should your elbow be the "doomed to fail" model and it starts leaking. Also, if you still have a Sherwood 1700 raw water pump, you should look at replacing that with the upgraded SMX direct replacement as soon as the Sherwood shows any signs of leaking. I am assuming by these statements that you have a Cummins engine.
Enjoy your boat.

The Corbin 39 was always one of my favorite sailboats. Those 16 years must have been EPIC!!!

Back
Top Bottom