Virgin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearlwindham

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Willie Pearl
Vessel Make
Seahorse 54 Sedan
Not what you where hoping for huh!
...LOL
My name is Joey, I've been looking at pictures, reading adventure stories, watching Youtube channels, All sail, you Trawler peeps are way behind. Seems to me a generation thing and or financial. They are selling big time...LOL..I think I might get me some of that. I digress... Dreaming of cruising for years now. I started studying boats off and on for about four years.
Took me a couple of years to get down to low, slow, economical, loaded, safest, a tad bit expensive! Yes I know the maintenance thing kept popping up over and over. It's mechanical, lots of complicated mechanical things. I believe if some where to tract the word it's way out front. Don't get me wrong. This has been the best source of information that I've found. Forums are fantastic. Look how many expensive lessons we don't have to learn the hard way. Though they are the most memorable ones ....Oh thank God!!.
I know I've been a member a month but I've been creeping on here for long time. I would like to speak up and be noticed by my peers. I bought a Seahorse and It's there at Lake union Seattle. I will live part time on it cruising the PNW. I am a desert dweller, land lubber, cactus kicker, dust devil, dirt worshipper....well you get the point. But I can't wait to share those adventures, good or bad, I favor the goods way more so, Thanks for letting be part of the tribe. Can we skip the hazing and pledging. I'm to old to heal quickly. I will continue to read and promise to absorb much as I can. It's much more involved now. :facepalm:

Uh... Welcome.

My old brain has a hard time with the whole stream on consciousness thing, so how about pictures?

I can do pictures.:oldman:

Sure but I think I have to get my minimum posts in...
two down four to go!

Dave it's at Commercial Marine, Installing Air Conditioning, water maker, washer dryer Garman electronics Dingy etc. It was the demo that was up on the yacht world. Bear bones ship.
2011 Trawler Seahorse 52 with 2' extended swim deck = 54'
single screw JD.
I have hired a captain to spend time with me. I have fresh water experience. 1ea 24' Wellcraft and other pleasure boats but nothing close to this. I am a pilot (weather risk assessment), Engineer, (mechanical not a problem). However I know nothing of the
ocean currents, tides, etc. I have to learn it. preferable through my betters those that came before me! I would like to do so without hurting anybody or anything. The possibility of those however, will not deter me. Selfish huh?

Are you helping me get my post in. Awesome!..................Can you tell I have young adult kids. Been working on my pop cultural slang, Bra.

Welcome aboard, Joey. I think I may have seen your boat over at the guest/fuel dock at Shilshole about 2-3 weeks ago If it wad the same one, it's a good looking boat! Dark blue hull as I recall. As my 17 year old daughter would say
"That's cra-cra!"

Thd

That was it.......left out sabilizers. Installing those also.
Poker.
You should try reading their txt sometime. But it's every generation. Each one thinks theirs is the Bomb.

Wifey B: Welcome aboard and have fun here and don't let anyone get to you plus I'm sure you've already lurked enough to figure out who is most crazy and who isn't, if anyone fits not being although I sincerely doubt they do and it would be strictly an illusion although maybe some mirages after long days in the desert sun and did I say how wonderful it is finally to see 82 degrees as we enter Toronto and can't freaking believe they have a heat warning out for it the first warm and humid day of the year apparently but I'm use to winter temperatures like this still glad finally bikini weather again and that's good since I lost my Towel Day towel although I think RTF took it, and life is wonderful and you never said if Joey is kitten or dog or male or female or what and our guests are meeting us here so I'm no longer the oldest female in the group although I'm younger in spirit than any of them and now time to dock and head for lunch as the group the flew in to meet us here already has made reservations although in boating you should have reservations about lots of things which brings us to the whole confusion of the English language where I always feel sorry for those who sew and are officially sewers, talk about sucking big time job title well roger over and out although don't know anyone named roger, till later, nice to meet you. :)

Clearly Wifey B doesn't have her "." today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom