Tradewinds 1989

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul1010

Hi everyone, I’m new here so hopefully doing this right. I’m looking at a 1989 TRADEWINDS 39’AFT CABIN –CUMMINS POWER (6BT). Any thoughts on things to look out for? I’m new to Taiwanese made boats. From friends they suggested I find experts in these boats. Any ideas or referrals greatly appreciated. Paul

Welcome to TF. Yes, there is much experience by members of those vessels on here. :flowers:

Trade Winds 43' CPMY

I owned the virtual same boat, 1990, with cockpit. The boat was purchased in Toronto and made its way under power, ultimately to St Paul, MN via Great Lakes and inland rivers. It was purchased in 2000 and sold in 2008. I had no issues with the mechanicals ... 6BTA 250 Cummins and really enjoyed the physical layout of the boat. Great for long range travel. Very economical and reasonable engine access for maintenance. I traversed about 10K miles during my ownership. Never a problem except my never ending need to upgrade. I wish I had it back !!

Attachments

• a day at  the  beach.jpg
    a day at the beach.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 8
Paul.

Great to see you reaching out to the TF community. Suspect that you are asking about our boat that is for sale in Poulsbo. Great to see a picture of a Tradewinds with a cockpit.

My understanding of our boat’s history is that she was also in Toronto before landing in Sidney in 1995. Feel free to PM if you have questions about our boat.

Doug.

Thank you so much for the insights. Glad you enjoyed her. Any concerns with the hull? Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom