Tracking down the Lizzie M

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themiller

Hello Everyone,

I have just recently joined. Grew up spending summers on a 33' trawler, called the Lizzie M. So many wonderful memories.

Here's to spending lots of 2023 on the water. :)

Welcome to TF. Plenty of advice and info on here. :flowers:

Welcome aboard! I'm guessing the Lizzie M was based out of Vancouver back then? If you're hoping to find her you might want to post some info on make, model etc.

James

Thanks for the welcome.
Actually, I joined Trawler Forum (TF) because I saw this post about the Lizzie M from 2011.

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/...-pnw-4516.html

Right now, as a new member, TF doesn't allow me to send a direct message to members. The welcome email suggested to start with an introduction post. I'm hoping that at some point I will become a "trusted member" so that I can send a direct message.
Andrew

We would need more info if you are trying to rack down a boat, like when and where it was sold. Some pictures would help.

If it was wood construction, chances are it has gone to the firewood pile.

pete

Mr. Miller
Not sure if this is Mr Miller Junior or Senior but I bought the Lizzie M from you in 2003 and sold it in 2011. We had a ton of adventures in the Lizzie M, mostly in the Broughton Islands. Lizzie M was featured in the National Geographic movie Ancient Sea Gardens, which has a lot to do with the discovery of clam gardens.

The Lizzie M has the same name and the fellow I sold it to moors it in Deep Bay on Vancouver Island. It is well loved still and Murray uses it all the time.

email me at harperjohn07@gmail.com - would love to talk to about the Lizzie M.

Last edited:
Here's a couple photos of the Lizzie M during the filming of Ancient Sea Gardens. In 2003, this was the first High Def video camera in Canada - $250k - now your phone takes higher resolution video. These photos are from around Echo Bay, Gilford Island, BC

Attachments

• Roll8_Lizzie in fog 1.jpg
    Roll8_Lizzie in fog 1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Roll8_Lizzie in fog 8.jpg
    Roll8_Lizzie in fog 8.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN9296.jpg
    DSCN9296.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Roll10Fr18_MMwcamera.jpg
    Roll10Fr18_MMwcamera.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 19
Ah, amazing photos, John!
So glad to hear the Lizzie M is ticking along, and not too far away.
Thanks for the email, will continue there.

Back
Top Bottom