Thanks to all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2" thick fir yes. I have seen one plank that isn't full length, (Maybe a replacement?) you can see it in the pic. There may be more, but I haven't seen any.

IMG_9687.jpg

Pretty lousy resolution, it's the 4th plank down under the name.

Last edited:
Welcome. I just retired from fishing in BC. I was on the same boat for 55 years. A troll, longline and trap freezer boat. My Dad used to anchor in Lituya Bay in the old days when we could roam the whole coast. We were a whole 12 days without a boat before we purchased an Ocean Alexander 50 Mk 1. We love it.

I look forward to BSing with you.

met her in Princess Louisa in 2006.

Lovely boat, Congrats

Attachments

• afternoon Loisa (1).jpg
    afternoon Loisa (1).jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 23
Boats like this are a national treasure. Take good care of her. And please send more pics!

Gorgeous boat. My father ran a 36' troller out of Garibaldi in the mid forties before relocating to Ketchikan. I fished with him before going on tugs.

Gorgeous boat. My father ran a 36' troller out of Garibaldi in the mid forties before relocating to Ketchikan. I fished with him before going on tugs.

Wow, to think how far back this is now. I thought this must be a converted Siener at 58'. But it was built this way...:)

met her in Princess Louisa in 2006.

Lovely boat, Congrats

My son told me I have to go there. I have been up and down the indside more times than I can count, but never fo fun, always working.

Wow! What a grand old lady! A truly great find specially considering the TLC and $ that has been put into her. I have never fished or spent much time at sea but I have spent my whole life around heavy equipment and similar systems to what these big old boats use. I love the simplicity and reliability of these old systems which I have on my current boat. Welcome to TF and I look forward to hearing your stories from the past and future! I really like and respect what you guys do in the Bering Sea and love hear about it. Without the drama!

Ok, this is the first I have revealed the boat online. Due diligence has been done The hull and mechanical survey are due the 20th. I brought in a 40 year vet of surveying on a walk through (to tell me not to do it) He was blown away, he said "You have to buy this, if you don't I will and I already have too many boats." My 40 year vet boat electrician looked at detainee pics and said, "it's all professional, you'll be good." This boat found me, I had no clue I would be taking on the care off such an awesome vessel. We'll be in the Puget Sound for a while, then who knows? It has 3,000 mi range..

View attachment 109956 View attachment 109957 View attachment 109958 View attachment 109959

Amazing story attached with the vessel. Link from days it charted. Anacortes Yacht Charters

Congrats on your new boat. It is a beauty!!!

What a great boat. Spent several days at Pleasant Harbor this past summer where it was tied up. I was admiring it every time I walked by it when taking the pooch for shore duty. That is a go anywhere boat. Congratulations!
jp

Wow! What a grand old lady! A truly great find specially considering the TLC and $ that has been put into her. I have never fished or spent much time at sea but I have spent my whole life around heavy equipment and similar systems to what these big old boats use. I love the simplicity and reliability of these old systems which I have on my current boat. Welcome to TF and I look forward to hearing your stories from the past and future! I really like and respect what you guys do in the Bering Sea and love hear about it. Without the drama!
You said it well. Thanks! It’s a yacht with a workboat soul. I feel very fortunate and right at home with the work boat equipment. Real hydraulics, massive anchor and winch. Any how, I am itching to get onboard and start tinkering��

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Here's a few more pics. We are pretty jazzed for sure. We'll spend our first week on it this week. Good thing it has diesel fired hot water system fed through radiators, it's a really cozy boat.

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 7.07.55 AM (1).jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

We've several Bill Garden designs in our BC marina. Like you, the owners are the real deal. Congrats on your marine wisdom leading to this purchase.

Given your significant marine history and service on old vessels, what are your thoughts on steel tanks and the secrets to insuring long life? Many on TF report a 30 or so year life and then kaput. Seems strange given the hundreds of older commercial vessels that are in service with steel tanks.

Back
Top Bottom