Thank you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jplalune

My name is JP from Valeyfield ,Quebec
I just want to thank you for accepting me in your group
I'm a proud owner of a 38' North Thumberland style trawler that i just bought last July.

Today I'm looking for specs or best advises on :
What is best size for a holding tand (toilet)
What is best size for drinking water tank for the size of my boat
Is a 12 V refrigerator (9 cubic foot) recommended for warm climate(bahamas) or should i prefer an equivalent in size ice box ?

Please consider it will be use as a liveaboard

thank you all:)http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Last edited:
Welcome! Does your boat have these tanks and a refrigerator now or have they been removed?

Hi Steve, bought this 38 Norththumberland fishing boat style last summer
Hemingway had a 32 G drinking water tank, small toilet with his 30 litres reservoir and no fridge on board other than a 120 v 4 cubic feet fridge
I'm refitting this boat as we speak . When the refitt will be completed I intend to sail to the Bahamas where I will leave it all year long, Our intends is to liveaboard this boat from October to April.

Another one that what to get rid of our wonderful winter :D

Hi Lou , you're absolutely right ! but don't worry I have friends that will send me pics of our wonderful winter while away

Welcome JP. Does the 4 cu.ft. refrigerator not work on an inverter or is there another reason that you want to replace it? Got luck with the rebuild and welcome to the forum.

I don't know what your personal requirements are but here's what I have for tankage and fridge sizes in my 34' (nearly 37' LOA) sedan trawler. Last summer, I spent 2 weeks at anchor with only me aboard without reprovisioning or pumping out. Your mileage may vary...

Fresh water tank: 75 gallons (for bathing and dishwashing)
Bottled water: 25 gallons (for drinking)
Holding tank: 40 gallons
Fridges: 1- 5.8 cu ft 12V/120V, 1- 3 cu ft 120V (on 1000W inverter)

When the food and beer volume diminished a week into the trip, I had the option of shutting down the 3 cu ft fridge to conserve electrical power.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom