Tasmania calling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eldo850

Vessel Name
Edan
Vessel Make
1983 Cuddles 30
I,m in the process of buying (and ignoring many wise peoples advice) another boat. Tasmania is too nice not to have a boat. After 10 years owning and living on a 17 metre timber boat I,m looking for a 10 metre 100% natural fibreglass job. Any Cuddles 30 owners here? An interesting little tub designed and built by Bruce Harris on the gold coast famous for his Shark Cats. Cheers

Welcome aboard.

We have a TF member in Adelaide with a Cuddles who is a regular poster here. If I recall correctly they first launched in the mid 1980's. I was one of many curious folks crawling over it at the Sydney boat show back then.

Welcome aboard.

We have a TF member in Adelaide with a Cuddles who is a regular poster here. If I recall correctly they first launched in the mid 1980's. I was one of many curious folks crawling over it at the Sydney boat show back then.

Yes, indeed, his moniker is Auscan, and it's a Cuddles 30 motor sailer version, and if he does not chime in, search him and send him a personal message. Welcome to another from the land of Oz.

We owned and loved a Cuddles 35, renamed the Resort 35, for a number of years in the mid 90's. Lovely cruiser and without doubt one of the most space efficient designs out there. Using the dinette as a double, it could also sleep 4 in bunks for'd, another master double, (with ensuite toilet), opposite the main bathroom, and two in another double below the dinette, in a cunning 'downunder' arrangement, that gave a total of 10..! Not bad in a 35 footer is it..? I think the Cuddles 30 is a similar layout, but just lacks the double under the dinette..?

G'day Eldo850. Cuddles 30 owner here on the Gold Coast. Nice to see another member here with the same little tub.

Last edited:
Cheers Comodave. It was the restoration thread for the Cuddles 35, Red Emperor, that initially brought my attention to this forum. I also noticed that she (Red Emperor) was up for sale recently, no longer bearing that name but still quite easy to recognise.

I,m in the process of buying (and ignoring many wise peoples advice) another boat. Tasmania is too nice not to have a boat. After 10 years owning and living on a 17 metre timber boat I,m looking for a 10 metre 100% natural fibreglass job. Any Cuddles 30 owners here? An interesting little tub designed and built by Bruce Harris on the gold coast famous for his Shark Cats. Cheers
I Live in Port Lincoln South Australia and have had a Cuddles Resort 35 for 15 years,
a great coastal cruiser , economical , fantastic accommodation, ive had mine all over SA.
A very well found unpretentious boat, fantastic for familys whom are not bothered how fast they get there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom