Supplier turning to potential owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My name is Chuck MacTavish. My business has been manufacturing replacement boat windows for over 40 years. I have been involved in marine windows for 15 years. In that time, I have furnished plenty of sets of windows for all kinds of trawlers. Especially in 2008 when fuel prices were at their highest.
I have owned several powerboats, mostly medium sized center consoles. I currently have a 16' Gheenoe that I love to escape civilization on. I take it to the Everglades regularly, camping, or staying at a motel. I really love it down there and it has started me hunting for a mother ship.

I don't have a favorite trawler as of now. I will be reading this forum regularly to help me with my decision. To start, I think I am looking in the under 40' range. Shallow draft is preferred, but not crucial. Neither is speed. I just want to have a shelter to come back to after playing in the wilderness during the day.

Thank you all for posting on this forum. A wealth of information.
Chuck.

Welcome to the forum, with your experience, you can add significant knowledge to the membership, regarding window issues and replacements.:thumb:

Bill

Welcome aboard. You should have a lot of good contributions about windows.

Welcome to TF. Always nice to have another expert on board.

Welcome.
I am shallow.
Draft that is...
That was an important spec for my search.
I zeroed in on Krogen Manatees (36') and Great Harbours (37' & 47').
All have 3' drafts.

Either the GH37 or the N37 will give you all the comforts of home in an under 40' length when you are done "playing in the wilderness" for the day. Nothing else in that size range comes even close to the amenities offered by a Great Harbour Trawler. With the added bonus of a shoal draft (2' 10"), twin engine maneuverability and a less than 2 GPH fuel burn rate, it is quite a cruising package.

A GH37 is on the left of our N37 tied up at the Clarskville City Marina, TN.

Attachments

• DSC05520.jpg
    DSC05520.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
welcome! I wasn't aware of any window manufacturers in Florida. If mods ok it, maybe mention your company name?

Welcome aboard! Knowledge of boat windows will be welcome in this group.
This must be your business. https://www.waterwaysystems.com/
You realize now everyone on here will want a discount?

Thanks for the welcoming mat, and recommendations.

It is going to be fun making a decision, although, I'm going to have to sell quite a few more windows before I can make this purchase.

There are a few Krogans around here, and I like their "unique" look. I'll be keeping my eyes open for GH 37 to check out. The admiral will like the "unsinkable" aspect.

Absolutely there will be discounts for forum members. My windows are expensive, but discounts are available. Just ask.

Thanks for the welcoming mat, and recommendations.

It is going to be fun making a decision, although, I'm going to have to sell quite a few more windows before I can make this purchase.

There are a few Krogans around here, and I like their "unique" look. I'll be keeping my eyes open for GH 37 to check out. The admiral will like the "unsinkable" aspect.

Absolutely there will be discounts for forum members. My windows are expensive, but discounts are available. Just ask.
We are partial to DeFever 44s mostly because we live on one. But, we have been aboard a Great Harbour 37. They are everything a previous poster said they are. Only one drawback to my mind is the access to the flybridge up a steep ladder through a narrow passage. Oh, cost being a factor to most folks, the Great Harbours will be dear to some. Still, I lust for one.

Nice to have you aboard, enjoy the ride!

Back
Top Bottom