She’s Tipsea and I’m the Gypsy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TipseaGypsy

New boat owner and new to live aboard boat life in the SF Bay Area! I have a 41’ Hershine Trawler who’s in need of some major TLC - for which it is a pleasure and a privilege to provide such a beautiful vessel. Her name, Kinda Blue, really reflects her current state as she was neglected before and during Covid. I inherited her (for a small fee) with a hydro locked engine and all the aches and pains of a boat who’s been ignored for several years. It’s going to be quite a journey before she is reborn the Tipsea Gypsy! I’m excited - no negative or “realistic” comments necessary (I’ve gotten them all, already).

I grew up sailing and always thought I would buy a sailboat but my beloved uncle talked me into a trawler instead, and I couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• C1551162-8A80-49B2-B816-8F9890AF9ABF.jpg
    C1551162-8A80-49B2-B816-8F9890AF9ABF.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 13
Welcome Aboard! Lots of work ahead but it’s fun work.
One word of warning, don’t mention your anchor! On this forum all anchors are too small, the wrong kind and you don’t have enough chain. :)

Welcome Aboard! Lots of work ahead but it’s fun work.
One word of warning, don’t mention your anchor! On this forum all anchors are too small, the wrong kind and you don’t have enough chain. :)
LOL good to know, thank you kindly for the words of wisdom

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. NOW the real fun starts!
Yes!! We’re getting hauled out in 2 weeks to replace the engine, bottom job, and replace the thru hulls!
Someone should have told me that a Boat is just a hole in the water, in which you just throw money ����

Welcome. She's a nice looking vessel in the picture. Living aboard the trawler is so much nicer than a sailboat! Anyway, I'm sure you'll find ways to fix her up and get her moving. A big plus is you'll know the boat inside and out when you're done.

New boat owner and new to live aboard boat life in the SF Bay Area! I have a 41’ Hershine Trawler who’s in need of some major TLC - for which it is a pleasure and a privilege to provide such a beautiful vessel. Her name, Kinda Blue, really reflects her current state as she was neglected before and during Covid. I inherited her (for a small fee) with a hydro locked engine and all the aches and pains of a boat who’s been ignored for several years. It’s going to be quite a journey before she is reborn the Tipsea Gypsy! I’m excited - no negative or “realistic” comments necessary (I’ve gotten them all, already).

I grew up sailing and always thought I would buy a sailboat but my beloved uncle talked me into a trawler instead, and I couldn’t be happier.

Yes, welcome aboard. I see on another thread your have advertised the old Lehman - what are you replacing it with?

PS Most people on this forum, me included don`t believe anything has happened unless there is a picture (the more the better):)

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. Sounds like a great project.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom