Old 02-22-2016, 05:40 PM   #1

City: Oceanside CA
Vessel Name: Ambitions at Bay
Vessel Model: Roughwater 29
Roughwater 29 here

Hi all,

Long time lurker, 1st time poster here. A few weeks ago I picked up a Roughwater 29 after nearly a year of research and nosing around here. Lot's of people to thank regarding the Ford Lehman 80hp and the wealth of knowledge shared on this site before I even turned the key. For the past three years I've kept a Kencraft W/A style fishing boat in a slip in Oceanside Ca. I can have up to a 29' foot boat in my slip but there is still a several year waiting list for larger slips so this narrowed my choices down considerably. A bathroom and more sleeping area was needed since my wife and family likes to come with me on long weekends. I sold the Kencraft and hauled the Roughwater down from Ventura Ca where it had been kept on a trailer the past 3 years.

The trailer is more of a storage trailer than made for launching so I had new bottom paint applied before they launched the boat for me. A few minor drips from the propshaft and the rudder as to be expected after not having been in the water for a while. A bit of tightening and everything stopped. Having been a long time diesel fan I find this engine impressive, it sounds great, pulls great and purrs right along.

Everything seems extra heavy duty. Roughwater made the 29 model for 2 years and this one has the original blueprints, plans, and brochures from 1981 as well as a parts manual for the Ford Lehman. There will be some little projects and TLC along the way--I've already made an order from Fred Warner for an oil and transmission cooler and discovered right away that there was no oil in the injector pump (fortunately a thread I had read here prepped me for such an event).

Shore power and battery chargers are next on the list of to-do items as well as some wood work.

Here's a couple of short videos

http://vid16.photobucket.com/albums/.../DGCM07961.mp4

http://vid16.photobucket.com/albums/.../SQVE63321.mp4
Attached Files
ksandin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City: Cameron, La
Vessel Name: Baobab
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4788
Welcome. She looks purdy!
dimer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
Guru

City: Port Townsend
Vessel Name: The Promise
Vessel Model: Roughwater 35
Welcome aboard! Nice looking RW29

Roughwater Boats, Trawlers, Ed Monk, Monk Design,Boats, Cruisers, Puget Sound, Diesel Trawlers, Trawlers, Roughwater
dhmeissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:54 AM   #5
Guru

City: St Augustine,Fl
Nice boat! I never knew they made a 29.
Sailor of Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote