Real noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alizard

Just joined….somehow my bride decided that we should think about getting a boat to live aboard 5-6 months a year. Being in the Navy for 30 years, the only 'boat' I've lived on is the aircraft carrier. The only boats I've driven are the odd bass boat or ski boat (with obligatory cocktail in hand). Should I just tell her to sit in the corner and hush or actually look into the deal?

Try chartering a boat somewhere to see if you and your bride like it!

And Welcome to trawler forum!

I've thought about doing that…kinda hard here in the mountains of Colorado. The adverts I've seen want @ $1500/day for a charter..that's out of my league

Greetings,
Mr. a. Welcome aboard. If you can get away with telling your bride to "...to sit in the corner and hush..." you're a better man than I OR you've got a death wish...

absurd.gif

Doesn't boating season and Colorado's hunting season coincide? Decisions, decisions.....

Get yourself to Florida for a week and go visit a few in water brokerage places. You will both either get completely hooked or get it out of your minds.
good Luck

I think you are a lucky man but don't know it .

I have to agree with AV8R and Bligh, I used to bareboat charter a 46' trawler from San Juan Charters. They offer excellent training for new captains and a very easy charter experience. The boat's owner was also from Colorado. ;)

YMMV,

alizard, I second the charter suggestion. I took my wife to Anacortes yacht charters back in 1981 and we've been on boats since, including 15 years living aboard and cruising. We've only got a short time here on earth and it just ain't any fun without a boat. Go for it!

I totally agree with Pack mule, most guys would give an arm and a leg to have a lady like yours, keen to live aboard.
One tip I've learned over the years, you decide the mechanicals and only take her to view boats that fill your criteria, then let her choose from that list what suits her criteria = equals two happy people and harmonious cruising= bliss.
Good Luck.

My wife said the same thing. We are now lives boards for the summer. Of course we are now talking about staying on just a bit longer..... Ha ha. Do it! Have fun!

Jeff

Oh, and not to hijack the thread but we finally decided on the name Adelante. Yeah, it's Spanish and means "forward" and is an adverb so both action and description. I was going down the list of our life and came to the conclusion we are always going forward. I love this stuff! Enjoy the adventure!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom