Raymarine camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkab

Hello members of the community. I'm new here. I live in the Netherlands and have a motorboat 13 meters x 3.50. I visit this forum mainly to see if there is a solution to connect a cheap camera to my Raymarine Axiom chartplotter. Raymarine's own camera is very expensive. Best Regards, Jan

Don’t know about Raymarine but with Garmin the cameras are wi-fi - so the recognition is fixed it won’t see a non Garmin camera.

That being said a go-pro and a tablet work really well, and if you already have the tablet…

Don’t know about Raymarine but with Garmin the cameras are wi-fi - so the recognition is fixed it won’t see a non Garmin camera.

/QUOTE]

My electronics installer was able to connect a non-Garmin wired camera that was much cheaper to my Garmin GPS MAP 6000 / 7000 series chartplotter. It works perfectly and reverses the image as required L to R since it is mounted facing astern.

Let me know if you want details of the camera. I can't help with installation info although my impression is that it was plug and play.
~A

Thanks! See also:
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s4/adding-cameras-61831-2.html#post1072220

I would like to receive details of a suitable camera. The Hosafe H2MD6PA would be suitable. But it is no longer available. I have asked Hosafe if there is an identical replacement camera. The most important seems to be that there is ZERO user and password authentication. Nor is it possible to log in as anonymous. The camera can be connected to the Raynet input of the chartplotter with an Ethernet cable. An adapter cable is required for this.

Raymarine's own camera is very expensive
Yes they are but they're damn good cameras! I had 5 of them on my last boat and all worked really well with my Raymarine suite.

Attachments

• Quad Pics.jpg
    Quad Pics.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.44.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.44.27 AM.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom