Permission to come aboard!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Henry 4570

Hello everyone!

I am Henry 4570. A Willard "want to be", I think. I live in Washington, on the Strait of Juan de Fuca. I have been involved with boats most of my life and I continue to enjoy the relationship. I currently own a retro style 26 foot power boat, suitable for short duration cruising. I have enjoyed this boat for the past ten years, however, I am now considering the acquisition of a Willard Motor Sailor.
I discovered this site while searching for information about the pit falls of shopping for and owning a Willard. Any advice will be helpful and appreciated. If it comes to pass that I do purchase a Willard, I would also enjoy being involved with an owners group!

Best regards to you all.

Henry

I don't think we've ever had anyone ASK for permission to come aboard before! Most guys just jump onboard, dirty, greasy shoes and all!

Welcome aboard, Hank! (Can we call you Hank?) The Willard owners here are a nice, knowledgeable group of guys. Maybe a bit stingier with the fuel than others, but that's just because they can! The rest of us cheapskates are a bit envious. Just don't ask them about anchors!!

Thank you Mike, It is nice to be here. It is always fun to be looking for a new boating experience.

Henry

Roger that Al. I have to go by Henry because my dad is Hank and at 94 he still pressed the issue. Yeah the concept of a little less fuel does not hurt any of my feelings at all. But you lost me with the anchor bit.

Henry

As a former Willard owner my comment is that you will enjoy a Willard, especially in your area. And don't let the skimpy use of fuel bother you. There are actually other things to spend money on than diesel.

Marty

Last edited:
HI Marty

Nice to hear encouraging words. I was wondering what I was going to do with all that extra money. Being a long time boat owner I just am not use to having extra money. That is a totally foreign concept, I will have to work at getting use to it.

So far as I can determine the Willard sounds like a very well built and well thought out boat. There must be some short comings though!? Any particular point of trouble to lookout for?

Henry

Aw, c'mon Walt...wake up...Eric...Manyboats...anchors...no mystery there, surely.

And, Yes, welcome aboard on behalf of the site team (also known as mods), Henry.
I am from that place called Downunder. To see where we are, you have to lean out...considerably...and look down...trying not to fall out of you boat, of course.

Welcome aboard Henry!
Along with anchor talk , please check archives if interested in the following.
Single vs twin screw:
Redesign of a good hull ( WE can "improve" it):
Full displacement vs semi :
Anything to do with fuel polishing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom