Permission to Board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkeye

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Happy Clown
Vessel Make
Heritage 45 Europa
I've been lurking on this site for several years but now in full retirement am looking to get more involved. My wife (48yrs) and I have been boating since we were kids. Moved from sail boat to houseboat to trawler (23 yrs) over the past 40+ years as family developed, grew and left home. Grand kids are now active with us. We also have a wood runabout I restored many years ago. We are active in a SF Delta area yacht club and the Antique and Classic Boat Society. I volunteer at the SF Maritime Museum maintaining and restoring old boats. Our trawler is a Heritage 45, built in 1981 and I must say that it is still truly beautiful.
Let's get to know each other!
Ted

Welcome aboard, Ted!! Great to see another CA Delta member! Please feel free to post up some pics of your 45 Heritage! We don't consider it bragging to post boat pics....it's proof that it really exists! Plus, most of us enjoy looking at other boats besides our own.

Where is your slip? I have an affinity for covered slips with my old 1977 Californian and used to stay at Riverboat Marina on the Mokelumne River. Loved it there and fell in love with the CA Delta. Now I'm under the cover at Vallejo Marina and learning more about the SF Bay but still close enough to enjoy regular forays into the Delta. It also places me very close to the Mothball Fleet and some of the best sturgeon fishing grounds in the nation.

img_404767_0_0b7263dcc5db9a03a7d345b33ceb8819.jpg

Your catch.

Welcome aboard, Ted!! Great to see another CA Delta member! Please feel free to post up some pics of your 45 Heritage! We don't consider it bragging to post boat pics....it's proof that it really exists! Plus, most of us enjoy looking at other boats besides our own.

Where is your slip? I have an affinity for covered slips with my old 1977 Californian and used to stay at Riverboat Marina on the Mokelumne River. Loved it there and fell in love with the CA Delta. Now I'm under the cover at Vallejo Marina and learning more about the SF Bay but still close enough to enjoy regular forays into the Delta. It also places me very close to the Mothball Fleet and some of the best sturgeon fishing grounds in the nation.

img_404774_0_0b7263dcc5db9a03a7d345b33ceb8819.jpg

Amazing ! Congratulations.

... It also places me very close to the Mothball Fleet and some of the best sturgeon fishing grounds in the nation.

Only eight ships remain. :banghead:

Flywright

You asked where we keep our trawler and for some pics. We berth at Willow West Marina on Piper Slough, just across from Franks Tract. Boat's name is Happy Clown (left over from the original owner although I'm happy and clownish enough.) I will post some pictures when I get them downloaded from the home computer (still using the company email.) Where do the pictures end up? How to do I insert a picture? Also, I'll want to post a picture as the avatar but don't know how. I'll figure these things out but any advice would be appreciataed?
Ted

Ted, Here's a link to some great help with uploading pics and setting an avatar.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s22/set-up-your-account-|-help-tips-etc-5739.html

If you need more help, please don't hesitate to ask. This is your thread so ask away here, if you like.

Willow West puts you almost smack dab in the middle of the Delta! Great location where you can head east, west, north or south to enjoy new locales. I have a few fishing holes in your neck of the woods. Great place to drop the hook and spend some time. Mildred Island is also one of our favorites. Hope you can join us when we return this summer.

We have a SF Bay and CA Delta Cruisers social group set up here...

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/groups/1-san+francisco+bay++california+delta+cruisers.html

I'll send you an invite to you can see our discussions of local issues, fuel prices and plans for cruises. Look fwd to meeting up on the water!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom