Old Member - New Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WD40

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Otter
Vessel Make
1985 President Sundeck 41
OK...I've been gone way too long.
Without writing a book, suffice it say we pulled up stakes in Helena, MT and now live in Mount Vernon, WA which is only 15 minutes from Otter.
The 12 hour commute from Helena was a killer.
Then when we got here we spent half the time getting the boat ready to go out, let alone the time it took to secure everything to leave it for a month.

All of our friends are laughing now, as we swore to everyone that we'd never move back to Western WA.
But in reality, it is especially nice to be back closer to family and friends that we left behind in 1999 when we moved to Montana.
OK, the weather here has been sucky, but we also haven't had to endure below 0° temps and tons of snow.

So, I hope to be a bit more active from now on since we're "semi" settled now.
Have lots of stuff to report on Otter, not the least of which is having an inverter and 4 brand new AGM-L16s for house batteries installed a month ago.

Welcome back. Mt. Vernon is a nice area and eventually we will a day of nice weather again. Maybe.

Wifey B: YAY :dance::dance::dance: I could have told you there was no ocean boating in Helene. :rolleyes: 12 hours is a lot. Some things one just has to do like you moving back. Doesn't mean you don't love Montana, but it's geographically disadvantaged. We'd have a real hard time not living on the coast now, even though we've only done it a little under 5 years. Heck, in NC, before we bought a house on the lake, we use to complain about the 30 minute drive to the marina. :D

When we lived there we never thought of ocean boating. It was 4 hours away. :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom