Old Boater ... New Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ldodge

Vessel Name
Gratitude
Vessel Make
North Pacific 45 Pilothouse
Hello Fellow Boaters !

I have been a happy owner of a Grand Banks 42 Classic for a number of years. Recently I have gained a tremendous amount of valuable information and insight from the Trawler Forum on the many questions and issues that are inevitable with boating. Now I am entering a new chapter of my boating life and I want to do it the right way. I won't just be reading TF going forward but will be posting and asking for your input on a number of topics.

With retirement just around the corner, my wife and I have decided to do what we all dream about. After scouring the listings, reading and watching many boat reviews and attending Trawlerfest, we have have placed an order for a new North Pacific 45 Pilothouse. She will be delivered to us early in 2020.

We are in the process of making countless decisions on options and features. I'll be sharing the ups and downs of our process and seeking your suggestions as we go. All comments are appreciated. Welcome Aboard to our journey!

LarryD

Awesome, Larry! The NP45 is a very nice boat!

Welcome Larry!

I have a NP43 which I love. The NP45 is an even better boat! You will love it.

What part of the world will be your cruising grounds?

You have bought one of the boats I consider prime Pacific Northwest and coastal BC cruisers. I believe, and many will disagree, that boats sold in our area above are designed for southern climates. An open cockpit in a sailboat is not ideal in our rain environment for off season cruising. Your 45 foot boat has an extended salon which in our waters is very smart. It has a hard bimini which is very very smart in our coastal rains.

Those forward cockpit windows facing outward will reward you in a blowing, whitecapping sea. And the design offers lots of living space for off season happiness.

Now you just have to move out here to God's country and enjoy the San Juan Islands, Gulf Islands, Jarvis and Princess Louisa Inlets, Desolation Sound, the Broughtons, and Alaska. After all you've bought a west coast boat - take the hint.

Welcome aboard and congratulations! We look forward to hearing all the details as it comes together.

Hi Larry welcome, and congratulations on your new boat!

North Pacific are great boats and Trevor is a really nice, stand up guy. When boat shopping we really considered the NP's, but could not find one that suited us (within our price range). We could not afford new (jealous of you). I am very happy with our final selection and I am sure that you will be equally happy with yours! Good luck with the process ahead, and post photos.
Tom

Hello Fellow Boaters .........
With retirement just around the corner, my wife and I have decided to do what we all dream about. After scouring the listings, reading and watching many boat reviews and attending Trawlerfest, we have have placed an order for a new North Pacific 45 Pilothouse. She will be delivered to us early in 2020...... I'll be sharing the ups and downs of our process and seeking your suggestions as we go. All comments are appreciated. Welcome Aboard to our journey!

LarryD
Congratulations on buying a great boat!
I though the readership might want a close-up of the model you purchased.

With retirement just around the corner, my wife and I have decided to do what we all dream about. After scouring the listings, reading and watching many boat reviews and attending Trawlerfest, we have have placed an order for a new North Pacific 45 Pilothouse. She will be delivered to us early in 2020.

We are in the process of making countless decisions on options and features. I'll be sharing the ups and downs of our process and seeking your suggestions as we go. All comments are appreciated.

LarryD

Congratulations--how exciting! Just one tip--it is just as important to get a marine survey on a new boat as a used one. Double payoff: not only will you catch any manufacturing glitches (& there likely will be some), but the factory can/will conduct instant fixes before you launch.

(NOTE: Same advice goes for a home inspection on a new build--amazing at the problems that will be uncovered for the builder to fix prior to closing.)

Welcome Larry!

I have a NP43 which I love. The NP45 is an even better boat! You will love it.

What part of the world will be your cruising grounds?

Thanks, we are looking forward to it.

Our plans are to do the ICW between Florida and Maine in year one. We may try the loop after that. I also have a yearning to jump over to the Bahamas at some point. In case we do that, I’m going to have plumbing for a future water maker installed.

Congrats, a great boat. There is one in our area that we periodically see at anchor and chat with the owner.

Congratulations--how exciting! Just one tip--it is just as important to get a marine survey on a new boat as a used one. Double payoff: not only will you catch any manufacturing glitches (& there likely will be some), but the factory can/will conduct instant fixes before you launch.

(NOTE: Same advice goes for a home inspection on a new build--amazing at the problems that will be uncovered for the builder to fix prior to closing.)

Great suggestion! I never considered that but it makes a lot of sense.
Thanks

Congratulations on buying a great boat!
I though the readership might want a close-up of the model you purchased.

Thanks for posting this. My wife and I have watched this many times. There are a few others on You Tube that are also really good.

Hi Larry welcome, and congratulations on your new boat!

North Pacific are great boats and Trevor is a really nice, stand up guy. When boat shopping we really considered the NP's, but could not find one that suited us (within our price range). We could not afford new (jealous of you). I am very happy with our final selection and I am sure that you will be equally happy with yours! Good luck with the process ahead, and post photos.
Tom

You are absolutely right Tom. The boats i’ve seen and the owners to whom I’ve talked gave me a lot of confidence in the quality. Trevor is terrific. No pressure, super responsive and as reputable as anyone can be. Thanks for confirming it for me again.

Congrats. I have always appreciated the lines that the Northpacifics have. Not only do they look great now but will maintain their appeal for decades!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom