Norwegian trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kona Kai

Vessel Name
Puffin
Vessel Make
Tresfjord 28
Good afternoon all! After 4 years since selling my Tolly I succumbed and bought a project boat in December. Perfect timing for for a quarantine project! It is called a Tresfjord 28, built in Tresfjord Norway. Solid little boat. I have it on a 3 axel trailer close to home. Best to my knowledge it is the only one on the west coast.
Anyone out there have any knowledge of these?
Brad Roberson, Camano Island Wa

Congrats on your new boat. Sorry I have no knowledge on them.

Good afternoon all! After 4 years since selling my Tolly I succumbed and bought a project boat in December. Perfect timing for for a quarantine project! It is called a Tresfjord 28, built in Tresfjord Norway. Solid little boat. I have it on a 3 axel trailer close to home. Best to my knowledge it is the only one on the west coast.
Brad, I see quite a few links to info re the boat at this link.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tresfjord+28+combi&form=APMCS1&PC=APMC

I didn't chase them all up, but it looks an intersting vessel. As our family went through two trailable boats before we got into trawler style vessels, I'm always interested in what one can pack into a trailable vessel - actually, a trailable anything. :)

Welcome! Congrats and good luck with your Tresfjord 28!!

What model, year Tolly did you have? Tollycraft boats intrigue and satisfy me.

I assume this was your boat I passed and spoke briefly with at Fossil Bay yesterday. If so, you did a beautiful job of your Covid project, and have a unique boat well suited to the PNW, especially on such a perfect weather day!

Bill

I assume this was your boat I passed and spoke briefly with at Fossil Bay yesterday. If so, you did a beautiful job of your Covid project, and have a unique boat well suited to the PNW, especially on such a perfect weather day!

Bill

Good afternoon Bill. Yes that was us in Fossil Bay. Thankyou for the complement! The boat was indeed a project. Sat under a tree for 5 years and had a lot of water damage. However it had a brand new engine and gear with 32 hrs that had been properly winterized so I went for it. Did all the work myself with the exception of the canvas and cushions. Still lots to do as with most boats. I always liked big heavy displacement boats like yours. None of this go fast stuff for me!
Take care. See you out there again. Brad

Attachments

• 5496278D-B364-4A73-A826-99C1AE57C130.jpg
    5496278D-B364-4A73-A826-99C1AE57C130.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom