Newbie on a Trawler Quest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt. Rodbone

Vessel Name
SV Stella Polaris MV Sea Turtle
Vessel Make
1978 VanDine Gaff rigged schooner, 1978 Grand Banks Classic Trawler
Hello folks! I am brand new to the site and thought I would introduce myself. I am a long-time user of the cruiser and sailing forum which seems to be run by the same people because everything looks similar.

I have a 40 foot gaff rigged Schooner that I intend to keep but I am also looking for a Trawler over the next few months. I have always been partial to the Grand Banks however I am not married to that they are just the ones that I’ve admired for years. I AM however married to a wonderful woman who will actually let me have two boats!?

I’m currently assessing an opportunity to do charter work with both vessels on a evening cruise/day trip basis in conjunction with a middle east US coast area that is very interested in having me do it in conjunction with a coastal development that has a need to take prospective buyers out to see the area by water, as well as have options for vacation renters. I have a USCG 50 Ton License with a sail auxiliary, about to “career retire”, and am intrigued by these possibilities. I have some specific questions to ask of forum participants but that’s probably better suited by another post. I just saying hello with this one and sharing how much I look forward to participating!

Back
Top Bottom