Newbie starts home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sea hag

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Jubilee
Vessel Make
Prima Seahorse
Having purchased our new 45' foot trawler Jubilee in Niceville FL, and moving her to gulf Shores AL for upgrades, we start next week on our trip up the TN Tom to our homeport of Florence , AL on the TN River.

We have read all posts with great interest, and have used many TF ideas in our upgrades. We have 600 miles and 14 locks to home, so wish us luck !

Having purchased our new 45' foot trawler Jubilee in Niceville FL, and moving her to gulf Shores AL for upgrades, we start next week on our trip up the TN Tom to our homeport of Florence , AL on the TN River.

We have read all posts with great interest, and have used many TF ideas in our upgrades. We have 600 miles and 14 locks to home, so wish us luck !

Should be a great trip home. Even a little exciting with your new boat. Hang around Gulf Shores for awhile, there is a lot of trash in the rivers now. Do enjoy the coast for a little while. Mean time please post some pictures.

Moonstruck, thanks for the good advise. We actually have a home in Gulf Shores and have been down for some of the upgrades. Having done some of the "ditch" before, we realize we are "going upstream" against the spring rains, but for insurance and personal reasons this is the travel window. Should be ok once we reach Coffeeville Dam, unless rains in the Black Warrior basin. May spend a few days at Bobby's Fish Camp, which our PNW friends would find quite enlightening. Oh well, raised hitting logs on skis in TN River !

Sea Hag-I live in the PNW now, but am a Southern boy at heart (NC), so I am guessing dinner at Bobby's is fresh fried catfish, FF's, cole slaw and sweet iced tea, and if you are lucky fresh baked real biscuits followed by fresh pecan pie! One of the better meals known to mankind!

Hey Sea Hag,

I also live in Gulf Shores and just bought a trawler and she's at the Wharf now behind my office. Let me know if you need any help on the maintenance side. I can hook you up with a couple of my guys and save you some $$$. Would love to see your new ride! Cheers, Ben.

THD, yor Mama shor did raise you right ! Just missed the collards with hocks, hushpuppies and ice cream on the pie !

Sea Hag-I live in the PNW now, but am a Southern boy at heart (NC), so I am guessing dinner at Bobby's is fresh fried catfish, FF's, cole slaw and sweet iced tea, and if you are lucky fresh baked real biscuits followed by fresh pecan pie! One of the better meals known to mankind!

THD, you've been in the PNW too long. We in the South don't eat biscuits with catfish. It's HUSHPUPPIES. Biscuits are for gravy, honey, and apple butter with breakfast. Come on back to where you belong before it's too late.:D

BamaTrader, plan to come down Monday, after Festival over! Moving boat from Saunders on Canal to Lulus for fuel, and heading out early Tue morning. Are you living onboard ? If so will come eat dinner at Wharf and look you up.

Sea Hag/Moon-yeah, I have been away too long! Forgot about the hushpuppies and collards! Although my first Mother-in-Law cooked them with fatback rather than hamhocks!

I have fixed a good meal for friends out here-Calabash-style fried shrimp, hushpuppies, collards and fries and they all thought they should go to their cardiologist the next day. Of course, they ate all of it too.

Sea Hag;

I remember looking at a trawler named Jubilee on Yachtworld, but there have been so many boats I don't remember what she was. Could you post a little more info on your boat?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom