Newbie says what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yimstiz

Howdy! Been an ALGCA member for over a year and finally decided to post to the forums. Wifey and I have been dreaming of doing The Great Loop for a really long time/since just recently (time is relative, no?) and the hunt for our GL boat has finally begun in earnest. We live in the burbs of Cleveland and truly enjoy living on the shores of Lake Erie and all that the Great Lakes have to offer. In fact, we intend to use our new-to-us boat to explore these giant bodies of fresh water like we never have before. Literally, we never have before.

Our ideal boat for just the two of us (sorry kitties - yes, felines, not small humans - you'll need to stay with Grammy - the human, not the award, we have yet to win one of those as we don't sing real good) is somewhere between 35 and 40 feet. Been eyeballing Mainships but we'll see what comes down the river (see what I did there?). Anywaz, I'm off to the other groups, specifically the "Boats Wanted" (I think that's what it's called) to post there next. Feel free to meet us there to learn more about us and the type of boat we're after. I'd love to get input on why we should ignore everyone else's advice but yours. :) See you on the other side!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom