Newbie in San Diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cynty

Vessel Name
Gloria Arlene
Vessel Make
Californian 34 LRC
My husband and I just had our 1981 Californian 34 LRC delivered to us here in San Diego and immediately started the renovation. She has two new 2004 John Deere engines (so we are happy about that) and cosmetically we have some work ahead but overall we are thrilled and excited to learn all there is to know.
Any suggestions or referrals of captains here in San Diego with experience for our training?
Our past boating experience has always been with ski boats- we were tired of waving to our neighbors as we drove over 7 hours to get to a decent lake. especially since we literally are 2 minutes from the Marina here in San Diego.
So we are on to our new adventure. However, we sure could use some guidance from people in the know.
I have enjoyed reading the questions and advise from previous threads and i hope someone is in our area with suggestions.

thank you!

Attachments

• Gloria Arlene.jpg
    Gloria Arlene.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 118
Welcome! I'm sure Walt will chime in and suggest training captains in your area. We have a few members with Californians on the forum, as well. Check out the subforum for Californians.

Oh, Walt started a "Social Group" on this forum for the San Diego area. I'm sure they would love to have you and yours join! At the top of the home page, click on "Community" and then "Social Groups".

Sea ya'...

Oh, Walt started a "Social Group" on this forum for the San Diego area. I'm sure they would love to have you and yours join! At the top of the home page, click on "Community" and then "Social Groups".

Yeah, with only two members, Walt could use some more company. ;)

Welcome, enjoy your new boat and short drive and of course the forum!!

Welcome, Cynty! We were talking about your boat here and here. That was gwkiwi's old boat, Kiwi Magic.

It would be cool if you can get together with SeaHorseII (Walt) so he can see what a real Californian trawler looks like. Then maybe he'll let you take a look at his beautiful 32 Halvorsen. Two great looking boats!!

34 Californian

thank you for all of your comments. I look forward to connecting with Walt.
I especially enjoyed the photos of Kiwi Magic when gwkiwi had her out in the Bay.
We feel very lucky to have her in San Diego. I will post pics when she is done with her beauty treatments!:lol:

Seabreeze Book store on Scott Street has a training captain on the premises. She is a licensed captain and very easy to work with.

lessons

i appreciate that.... i will give her a call today.

I look forward to connecting with Walt.
Sorry for the delay in responding to this post but I've completely missed recent posts on this thread. I've just sent you a Private Message and will wait for your response.

I thought that she looked familiar. Great boat with new engines! Enjoy and welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom