Newbie From NH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djousset

Greeting from NH where the fall season has begun its spectacular show. As a sailor I have enjoyed many years on your sister site, the cruisers forum, and have found the wealth of knowledge to be exceptional. So many wonderful people sharing their advice and stories of the sea.

My guy and I are intrigued by the great loop and have begun our research in hopes of beginning our trip in the next year. Although a reluctant convert, we intend to purchase a trawler/tug to make this trip (and keep the beloved Pearson 33-2 for summer coastal fun).

I look forward to learning all I can about about the power boat side of things, and hope you will welcome this neophyte's questions.

Diane

Welcome. That Pearson is a nice boat. But your gonna like going to power. Wait and see:socool:

Was a die heart rag bagger but flipped to power due to wife’s issues with balance after falling off the Outbound. Early spring and fall you’ll love power. Passing valiant souls freezing in their Valiant’s cockpit while you listen to tunes slipping your hot coffee in your warm,dry pilot house. A sybaritic world.

Diane - You two "sailors" are surely not marine neophytes! Welcome to TF!!

A bit inexperienced in the dos and don'ts of motor boating perhaps - however - you will be amazed at the simplicity of power boat use compared to full tilt bogie sails up sail boat cruising.

The romantics of sailing can be replaced and fully enjoyed by the relaxing simplicity and comfort provided by motoring.

Just make sure you purchase a good condition well built boat with hull shape and propulsion type as well as inside and exterior layouts that suite your desires.

Best Luck!

Art

The best part of trawlering is driving level from inside with all the comforts of home.

Ahhhhhh...

Welcome from a former New Hampster. And my wife used to have a Pearson 33 too. Enjoy the boat search, and enjoy warm, dry, horizontal cruising.

Welcome. I, among many others here, am an ex-sailor. Once we cross over, it is rare to hear of someone longing for "the good ole days." The sound of water lapping against the hull is the same. The courses routed are the same - you just get there faster and usually with less worry of draft.

Welcome. I, among many others here, am an ex-sailor. Once we cross over, it is rare to hear of someone longing for "the good ole days." The sound of water lapping against the hull is the same. The courses routed are the same - you just get there faster and usually with less worry of draft.

"... less worry of draft."

Doubleness Thereof:

1. Draft 'of water", and;
2. Draft "of wetted wind gusts" off wave tops while sailing!

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Our Loop research is well under way, now if I could only get boat brokers to return my calls/emails! Anyone in MA/NH/ME care to show us around their Nordic or Eastbay or Sabre? We are very intrigued by the Helmsman but there aren't many of them around it seems.

42' Nordic Tug

Hi, Welcome to the Trawler Forum. We have friends that have a lovely 42' Nordic Tug that they will sell after they complete the loop in the spring. Their intentions are to sell it through the dealer they bought it from in Connecticut which would have them crossing their wake there.
They may be interested in selling directly to an interested buyer.
We are all from Maine so they probably are not adverse to coming back this far after the loop.
If you would like to contact them, send me a pm/text and I will give their info.
Best of luck.
Mike Dana
Third Reef
36' Grand Banks Classic #819
Potts Harbor Maine
207-720-0531

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom