Newbie Member Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacchus

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Bacchus
Vessel Make
MS 34 HT Trawler
Hi to all...
I recently joined and am enjoying the exchanges as a way to occupy time during the off season. We are located in the Finger Lakes on NY... Seneca Lake specifically. We've boated on Seneca around 25 yrs starting w/ a 24' Bayliner then moving up to a 28' Carver Riviera... which was a wonderful boat for the canals of NY and Canada. We recently ('2013) moved up to an '08 Mainship 34 HardTop Trawler "Bacchus".

Being amateur home winemakers and living in the wine county of NY State "Bacchus" seemed a logical choice for our boat name and we've stuck with it for our 3 boats. We are thoroughly enjoying our new to us MS and being a DIY project guy have gotten a lot of good ideas and help from the Mainship and this forum .

We've traveled all of the NY canals - Albany - Buffalo - Oswego as well as Lake Ontario and up into Canada - Rideau Canal to Ottawa, Trent-Severn to Lk Huron - Georgian Bay, St Lawrence to Montreal and on to Lk Champlain & back NY Canals through Albany. PLanning on a return trip to Champlain this summer if all goes according to plans.

We're also 25 yr members of the Seneca Sail & Power Squadron - I'm an instructor and vessel safety inspector.
I'll attach a few pics of "Bacchus" and will try to capture and pass along our our projects in the future.

Christening & renaming turned into am excuse for a (toga) party at our marina as we had 3-4 boats being renamed and we started an annual "blessing of the fleet".

Don & Marge Kloeber
2008 Mainship 34HT Trawler
"Bacchus"

Attachments

• Boat 2013_9_5.jpg
    Boat 2013_9_5.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Boat 2013_9_35.jpg
    Boat 2013_9_35.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1610.jpg
    IMG_1610.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 100
Hi to all...
I recently joined and am enjoying the exchanges as a way to occupy time during the off season. We are located in the Finger Lakes on NY... Seneca Lake specifically. We've boated on Seneca around 25 yrs starting w/ a 24' Bayliner then moving up to a 28' Carver Riviera... which was a wonderful boat for the canals of NY and Canada. We recently ('2013) moved up to an '08 Mainship 34 HardTop Trawler "Bacchus".

Being amateur home winemakers and living in the wine county of NY State "Bacchus" seemed a logical choice for our boat name and we've stuck with it for our 3 boats. We are thoroughly enjoying our new to us MS and being a DIY project guy have gotten a lot of good ideas and help from the Mainship and this forum .

We've traveled all of the NY canals - Albany - Buffalo - Oswego as well as Lake Ontario and up into Canada - Rideau Canal to Ottawa, Trent-Severn to Lk Huron - Georgian Bay, St Lawrence to Montreal and on to Lk Champlain & back NY Canals through Albany. PLanning on a return trip to Champlain this summer if all goes according to plans.

We're also 25 yr members of the Seneca Sail & Power Squadron - I'm an instructor and vessel safety inspector.
I'll attach a few pics of "Bacchus" and will try to capture and pass along our our projects in the future.

Christening & renaming turned into am excuse for a (toga) party at our marina as we had 3-4 boats being renamed and we started an annual "blessing of the fleet".

Don & Marge Kloeber
2008 Mainship 34HT Trawler
"Bacchus"

Great pics and welcome

I take it from the name you do not like wine was going to ask you to stop by while in Sarasota for a glass of wine

When I saw "Bacchus" I thought maybe you were one of these guys. A different sort of Krewe. Krewe of Bacchus
Welcome that's a nice looking Mainship!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom