Newbie on French Riviera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to inspect a GB 42 MY on Saturday. I thought I would want a Galley Down, for the added space in the salon, and this one has a Galley Up. it's much less an issue as I thought initially, and the benefit of a third cabin is there - for the once-a-year guest or most likely to store away stuff :)
Boat is in great condition, very well maintained, with a lot of nice extras, such as an electric winch next to the windlass to help with the mooring, extra fridge, etc. However, the back deck is a bit flexing when walking on it. I did notice a couple of places where the caulking is damaged, no trace of humidity inside the aft cabin. All the other decks look in great condition, just that one. It's not a spongy feeling, just a bit of flex, and it's hard to tell if it's within the reasonable range given the surface or something to be concerned with. A survey would tell. But anyway, even though that boat is really lovable, it's just the beginning of the quest and I'm going to wait until I've seen some more for sure.
BTW, the lady who maintains it told me she runs three de-humidifiers all year long on board while the owner is away. Sounds like a lot to me. Normal proper care, or over-zealous action to prevent mold in a known-leaking boat?

Okay, looks like no one else will ask so I shall.
Is it true what they say about the French Riviera beaches?
LOL

Okay, looks like no one else will ask so I shall.
Is it true what they say about the French Riviera beaches?
LOL
You mean, that there's no sandy beaches :angel: That's incorrect, we do have a few :)

You mean, that there's no sandy beaches :angel: That's incorrect, we do have a few :)

HA HA
:D
I will take that as a "YES".
At 78 years old, all I can do is look and wonder where these free spirited ladies were when I was younger.
:angel:

BTW, the lady who maintains it told me she runs three de-humidifiers all year long on board while the owner is away. Sounds like a lot to me. Normal proper care, or over-zealous action to prevent mold in a known-leaking boat?

That is definitely a lot. When I kept our 49' in the Med we hardly ever needed to use a dehumidifier and certainly never more than one. We are currently in the US in the PNW which is very humid in the winter months and we use one dehumidifier on a 72' boat with all the doors open it keeps up with 2 decks.

~Alan

Thanks Alan, I suspected something fishy.

Thanks Alan, I suspected something fishy.

Nothing fishy about it. Don't know the specific area but better safe than sorry. We keep A/C and dehumidifiers on all the time here. I think it could just be a very diligent lady.

HA HA
:D
I will take that as a "YES".
At 78 years old, all I can do is look and wonder where these free spirited ladies were when I was younger.
:angel:

Wifey B: Not a lot different than South Florida, just a larger percentage topless. About like South Beach. Nude beaches still separate and typically private. Actually more French keeping tops on now for some reason, likely most protection against the sun. You should probably avoid South Beach, don't need a heart attack at your age. :rofl:

I really don't understand the big issue some make about thongs and topless and even nudity. I do understand the reluctance of males toward nudity as they can't hide their thoughts. :hide:

Nothing fishy about it. Don't know the specific area but better safe than sorry. We keep A/C and dehumidifiers on all the time here. I think it could just be a very diligent lady.

3 dehumidifiers on a boat that size would make me suspicious anywhere. In the south of France in May!
~A

It's not that humid here. The owner seems very diligent indeed, but I'm not sure where to draw the line between "over zealous" and "hiding something". Anyway, I'm too early in the process to make an offer anyway, I need to see more boats, more layouts, etc. before making my mind and I'm not in a rush - even though that boat looked damned nice!

It's not that humid here. The owner seems very diligent indeed, but I'm not sure where to draw the line between "over zealous" and "hiding something". Anyway, I'm too early in the process to make an offer anyway, I need to see more boats, more layouts, etc. before making my mind and I'm not in a rush - even though that boat looked damned nice!

He who snoozes loses.

or

Haste makes waste.

Hi Yahoo1,
Is there a way to PM you? I have a question I would like to ask you that is relevant to western Med, but not this thread.

Perhaps you could PM me and then I could reply??

Thank you!

ScottC

Hi ScottC,

Sent PM.

omc

Back
Top Bottom