Newbie from Charleston,WV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RSampson

Hello everyone. Thanks for letting me join. I currently do not own a trawler but my wife and I are planning on getting one when I retire in a couple years. I have little boating experience, and none with an ocean going vessel. I am here to learn so I may ask a dumb question or two.

Thanks.

Welcome RSampson!

No dumb questions....mostly. Ask. Learn. Read. It can be fun here at TF.

I came from KY to to NC to enjoy bigger boats and waterways.....it is more than fun and exciting.

Welcome.

Tim

Welcome aboard. Take a look at the search feature at the top of the main page. It will give you access to 10+ years of discussions, sortable by subject of keyword. Also look at (search for) Boat Search 101 here.
You have time to figure out what you want a boat to do for you, and whete you want to use it. This can help determine what kind of boat you may need.
You could plan a week vacation on a boat, maybe in Florida during winter or spring , with a training captain, to learn how to use a boat of size, and what it takes to maintain it during use.
Don't get too focussed on a particular boat too soon. Find out what your needs are first.
Good luck with your search.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom