The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CHIEFRAY

Vessel Name
KNOT YOARS
Vessel Make
2001 BAYLINER CIERRA
New to the Forum. Go easy I'm a Rookie but very willing to learn. Been boating for a few years now in I guess the largest was a 21' Cuddy. I have since bought a 33' Bayliner with Twin Merc's. The boat is currently in Reedsville VA. and I will be looking to relocate in Mar or Apr 0f 2022, to New Bern NC. Any advice on the trip via the AICW would definitely be very helpful. Carts, maps etc.

Ray, welcome to TF. The members is a great place to hang out and pick the brains of other members. There's a lot to learn. My first piece of advice to you--if you haven't done so in the past couple of years, take a boater safety course. And do it in a classroom setting so you can pick the brains of other people in the class. There's nothing like getting local knowledge to help you out.

Regardless of all your electronics, you should have an Intracoastal Waterway Chartbook Norfolk to Miami, 6th Edition (Intracoastal Waterway Chartbook: Norfolk, Virginia to Miami, Florida). Take your time and enjoy your cruise to Norfolk for a night, then continue down inter coastal (take the cut since you are faster cruising boat). If you are not in any hurry, spend a night at Coinjock Marina Restaurant for a good prime rip!!!!!!) otherwise continue to Alligator marina or Belhaven marina or others after the canal for another night. From that point I would continue on ICW to Oriental or continue to New Bern. It all depends on how much time you have and how fast you are planning to cruise at. Keep an eye on weather when crossing the Albemarle Sound and when you are on the Neuse River or if you chose to take on the Pamlico sound.
Good luck and welcome to the TF and my neighborhood,

Last edited:
All great information, I appreciate the help.

My only piece of advise with your twin Mercs is - clear your credit card..lol. A belated welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom