Old 11-09-2021, 08:19 AM   #1

City: NEWBURGH
New Member from Indiana

Hello all, My mom went into labor while on a boat and I have pretty well been around small power boats my entire life. I have owned many small powerboats and a few sailboats over the years. Several years back I bought a 31 foot Carver and really liked it. We spent most every weekend on it. I sold it due to health reasons and went back to smaller powerboats again. I have a dream of some day cruising semi-full time. I have about 9 years before my son is out of school, and I guess I am planning for the future by trying to learn what I can now. My health is better now (Sort of). So I am looking for a boat that will fit our needs and trying to ultimately decide what our needs are. Right now the list is somewhat short, and we are very open minded to different boats and styles. So we are just researching. Ideally I don't want that large of a boat. I am thinking mid 30 foot range, but I am open to larger. I just want it to be efficient on costs. (Fuel, Dockage, Maintenance) Currently our ever changing list.

Needs:
Fuel Efficiency
Larger Fridge/Freezer Storage
Separate Shower (No Wet Heads)
Beds Large enough for larger people that are around 6 foot tall.
Air Conditioner
Generator

Wants:
Flybridge and Protected Console
Place for a dingy
Bow thruster

Staticman
Currently: 2001 Starcraft Deck Boat, but planning for the future.
staticman4414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:56 AM   #2
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
"Place for a dinghy" is an eye catcher here as well as "large" cold storage. Hmmm. Dinghies can be kept on cabin tops as in an extended flying bridge like europa-style boats have, or on a set of davits over the stern, or on a Weaver-style system. You usually lose the easy use of the swim platform with the latter two. Large cold storage as in a full-sized household refrigerator means a fairly expansive cabin, and how would you power it underway and at anchor? There are many options for built-in cold storage systems run of engine-driven cold plate compressors, solar power, etc, etc, but you might have to find the boat you like and then custom build/install that generous and efficient cold storage system you desire.

The head in that size boat will be smallish, and separate shower takes up room you could use for a refrigerator.

And lastly, welcome! Good health to you! We are glad to have you here and hope to follow along with your adventure.
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:44 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote