Old 04-28-2017, 06:42 AM   #1
Guru

City: Bayfield, WI
Vessel Name: Gopher Broke
Vessel Model: Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
Welcome Back?

Hello!

I was a participant in this forum a couple of years back. I got so much support from all of you as I tried to begin my journey to discover larger boats and the role that they could play in my life. We bought a starter boat, did some chartering to learn more about our options and true interests, and became strongly committed to the lifestyle.

As happens, a couple things in life got in the way and I had to pull away from the forum for awhile. However we have kept our boat and in fact dedicated last summer to evaluating different local cruising areas with the plan of locating to a marina this year (our boat is trailerable but at almost 30' that's gotten old). After trying short stretches at various locations on the Mississippi and the Great Lakes, we have fallen for the Apostle Islands on Lake Superior. It reminds us of cruising the San Juan's and Gulf Islands in certain ways, and we've met wonderful people there. We've gotten a slip at Pike's Bay Marina and we're excited to start our cruising year!

The whole marina lifestyle is new to us, as is the concept of having our boat in the water 24x7 and 4 hours away. We'll be reaching out for advice and I'm certain that we'll be well taken care of by this incredible group. I'll do my best to return the favor whenever possible.

It's good to be back - Thanks!
BD
BDofMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
Guru

City: Tampa
Welcome Back!
Old 04-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #3
Guru

City: Madisonville, LA
Vessel Name: Sea Star
Vessel Model: 2004 Cruisers Yachts 50SS
Welcome back!
We love our marina. We've made some really good friends there and we ha g out there often.
Star0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Good to have you back!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote