New from Washington, NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingthrob

Vessel Make
1973 Marine Trader 34 Sedan
Hello All, I am very excited about joining this forum! I am a relatively new boater and just purchased a 1974 Marine Trader 34 Sedan. I am looking forward to joining the discussions and asking ALOT of questions!

welcome .some pictures would be nice . we hope to get up your way this summer.

Welcome!!

25 years of boating on the North Carolina coast - Lil' Washington is one of our all-time favorite towns.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-16 113521.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-12-16 113521.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 13
I love the waterfront and newly renovated downtown of Washington!

Welcome aboard!
Tell of all about your plans to cruise, plans to work on your boat, dreams!

Tim

Our plans at the moment are to spend most time on the Pamlico River with trips to Bellhaven, Ocracoke and Beaufort.

A little about the boat: Interior fully renovated along with cabin walls (air core) windows, stainless steel dual fuel tanks, corian counters, bow thruster, new auto-pilot, new windlass, solar, a/c, new canvass, westerbeake 8kw generator and fuel polishing system.

I just sailed her down from Virginia Beach to Washington NC last week on the ICW and she performed flawlessly.

Attachments

• MT small pic.jpg
    MT small pic.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Mt Interior 2.JPG
    Mt Interior 2.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 12
We lived and boated out of Oriental, NC for five years. In addition to Li'l Washington, here are a few of our favorite stops, all of which can be visited in one big loop:

Bath- Free state park dock and a couple of marinas. Original capitol of NC.

Belhaven- Not much there IMO. Lot's of cruisers rave about nearby Dowry Creek marina though.

Edenton- You can stay at the town marina for two nights free. Nice historic town which was also capitol of NC in the 1700s.

Elizabeth City- Lots of free docks on city front. Walk to nice restaurants. Home of deceased Fred Fearing's Rose Buddies who still greet cruising visitors.

Manteo- Small downtown with side tie free dock.

Ocracoke.- My absolute favorite. Relatively cheap NP docks. Can do a fun pub crawl along the waterfront in season. Check out the downtown coffee shop the next morning.

Oriental- Free docks for 4-5 boats. Lots of walkable restaurants. Has its own well known coffee shop, The Bean.

David

Welcome aboard. Your vessel is virtually identical to the 1975 Clipper (CHB) 34 we recently sold. Great family, and especially two people boats. :thumb:

Attachments

• 5510A40B-ED3C-4C01-A1D1-36EFD93A957F_1_105_c.jpeg
    5510A40B-ED3C-4C01-A1D1-36EFD93A957F_1_105_c.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
I plan to visit DC NEXT SUMMER LETS KEEP IN TOUCH. I LOVE THE ALEXANDRA marinas. Living in Little Creek, Norfolk Va . I have a 31 Camano Troll; New member under KelticOne. V/r, Sully

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom