New from Vancouver, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NWpilot

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Yukon Jack
Vessel Make
30' Tollycraft sedan
I'm retired and recently purchased a 1979 Tollycraft 30' Sedan with twin Volvo diesels to keep me busy and get back on the water. I've owned runabouts for over 40 years, but have lost the need for speed and just want to enjoy the cruise now. Also, I believe a 30 footer is the most I can handle by myself.

The boat was delivered to Seattle from the factory and cruised the PNW and Alaska waters for 16 years. The second owner cruised Puget Sound and eventually moved to Portland, OR. I am the third owner.

When I found this forum I was impressed with the depth of knowledge and experience of the posters here. I look forward to asking stupid questions and getting useful answers based on experience instead of theory. I know almost nothing about diesels

Ironically my first boat in 1970 was a Tollycraft 17' roust-a-bout, so I have come full circle. I plan to travel the Columbia River and may one day get enough courage to try the open ocean (the Columbia Bar is a little intimidating).

Attachments

• Yukon Jack.jpg
    Yukon Jack.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 15
Welcome and congratulations on the new boat! She really looks nice, and must be as she is under cover.

Lots of "Tollys' out there. Pretty decent boat, you will be happy with it until you try to get into the engine room. Twins on a 30 footer will make for cramped quarters down there.

pete

Welcome. Looks like Kalama Marina. We are just down river from the Longview Bridge on Fisher Slough.

NWPilot, welcome to TF. I'll add my congrats to those above. If you get the urge to do some safe cruising, head your new baby upriver. It's a great trip through 4 dams to the confluence with the Snake River. At that point you're right in our backyard. First round's on me if you decide to make the trip.

If you want to see what the entire length of the Columbia looks like, here's a link to a thread about our trip down the Columbia, across the bar and up to Seattle.

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s36/want-go-boat-ride-51820.html

Last edited:
Welcome! She's a very nice looking Tolly.

Welcome aboard. Tolly's are nice. I hope the ER is workable for you. Enjoy all aspects of your boat!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom