New Trawler Owner Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MtHopeBay

Vessel Make
CHB 34
We just purchased a CHB 34 2 cabin in Portland Oregon. We were going to spend our retirement on our Cal 36 sailboat but we decided we're too old for sailing. We traded range for comfort.

We have the laundry list from the survey and plenty of time and hopefully enough money. Our home port will be Newport, OR as soon as we tick off some of the laundry list.
Mike

Welcome aboard Mike, sounds like the boat is gonna keep ya busy for awhile. Take good care of her and she will take care of you both.
Might see ya in a few weeks, we’re heading south soon and Newport is one of our stops.
Cheers!

We just purchased a CHB 34 2 cabin in Portland Oregon. We were going to spend our retirement on our Cal 36 sailboat but we decided we're too old for sailing. We traded range for comfort.

We have the laundry list from the survey and plenty of time and hopefully enough money. Our home port will be Newport, OR as soon as we tick off some of the laundry list.
Mike

Welcome Mike! Good luck with the work on the boat.

Welcome! I spent my formative years in Salem with many trips to the coast to explore, go on dates, eat great food, etc. Good memories.

Good luck getting through the list but remember to enjoy her while you're at it.

Welcome

Welcome to TF. I too came from sailing and got a very similar “CHB class” Ponderosa 35 here in the Portland area. Curious if you’re planning to sail yours across the bar and down to Newport? If so, I’d be interested in hearing about your experience, as CHB bar crossings appear to be rare.

Mike,
Your new boat, was it “Orca” ?

Back
Top Bottom