Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ashe and i own the Kama Hele, now registered out of MB SC. She has been in much better shape in the past and I am hoping to bring her back to her old glory. She is a Litton Universal 36' Double Cabin. Lots of projects in the near future. Im a liveaboard that plans to start devoting a couple months a year to going on the hook in the GL and Bahamas.
Ill be reading about everything everyone els has done to try to get my own ship up to par to enjoy life at sea.
here is my laundry list of things to do
1. completely repaint topside (lots of fairing needed), restain teak
2. bottom paint and hull
3. redo all thru hulls
4. rejuvinate generator (currently not ran in 3-4 years)
5. get inverter operable and 12v wiring redone to a few systems
6. gut salon area and put down vinyl plank floors in all rooms
7. completey redo roof frame and fiberglass
8. fix leaks on last 3 windows, maybe replace them all?!
9. lots of just general maint...
trying to find the mix between enjoying the boat and also fixing it. Want to cruise, but want to do it safely also.